LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Actually very optimistic about this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Let's look at this objectively.

Alex Smith in a new offense

Rookie Head Coach

NFL Lockout (might last until the reg season is scheduled to begin).

so........

ANDREW LUCK?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Alex Smith, a new system and a rookie head coach? 8 wins max, probably another 6-10.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we can go 9-7. Another year for Alex and his 5 and 7 step drops to refine and a coaching staff that looks better then we've had since Mariucci.

[ Edited by mayo49 on May 11, 2011 at 03:37:00 ]
the only problem that I see that would not allow to have a 11-5 record or better is the lockout (new system, little time to work.... ), but sincerely 10-6 or 9-7 and win the division can be possible
Originally posted by BobS:
Alex Smith, a new system and a rookie head coach? 8 wins max, probably another 6-10.

I don't think we will be real good. 6 - 10 to 8 - 8 is a fair guess.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BobS:

I don't think we will be real good. 6 - 10 to 8 - 8 is a fair guess.

We could lose some games due to the fact that we might not know our system very well but we have always had a new coach or a new coordinator with a new system for Alex to learn. Hopefully having Harbs and Fangio and Roman will count for some extra wins. Also, the lockout will be bad for every team. Many teams have a question mark at QB, or a new Coach or some good teams need mini camps because their system is about timing and their diverse in their schemes. The lockout will cause some teams to start slow simply because they are not prepared. We could easily be one of those teams...My guess is that Harbs is smart and he will simplify what the players need to know to be gameday ready. They can learn more of the offense as the season goes on.
Originally posted by aman49:

Way too much soul food in one brotha.
if we have TC that will help a lot if we dont expect a lot of losses early
I'm always optimistic at the start of the season.

Its a few weeks into the season that gives me problems.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by aman49:

Way too much soul food in one brotha.

Dat dude smoking a blunt in the back

Originally posted by Overkill:

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean

ya I agree but to be honest with this lockout and the installation of the WCO being delayed it could hurt the niners a lot. The secondary is still a problem and the pass rush is not going to be effective as quick as they would like, not to mention QB is still a serious question mark. I predict the wins range from 5-9, if the lockout didn't hold them back I'd say 9-10 but this is hurting them big time and our WRs have a hard time running the right routes so that can hurt also.

So as an update to my previous predictions, i must admit i was wrong, as this team is exceeding even my optimistic expectations
Here is my take on the 2011 schedule:
Seahawks - 78% win - At home, opening day, we pull it out --- 33-17 W
Cowboys - 50% - If Romo shows up, we lose 27-24 L OT
Bengals - 85% win - theyre in complete chaos over there. i see them gunning for Luck- 13-8 W
Eagles- 45% - We played them very close last year but i dont see it happening with a healthy Vick 24-23 W
Bucs - 68% win- They stomped us last year with Blount, but we had no offense with sing. probably wont happen again 48-3 W
Lions - 70% win- yes they have a monster DL but the rest of their D still sucks and theyre offense is iffy. 25-19 W
Browns - 70% win- attack McCoy and he folds. hillis wont run over our D (madden curse) 20-10 W
Redskins - 79% win- Who knows what their Qb situation looks like but theyve got other issues. i think we handle them. 19-11 W
Giants - 50% - Depends on what Eli does. Not optimistic about this one 27-20 W
Cardinals - 80% win- Its the cards 23-7
Ravens - 35% - harbaugh vs. harbaugh but not likely
Rams - 73% - We beat them last year with Troy Smith, J.Smith was ejected in chargers game, sorry.
Cardinals - 80% Its the Cards again
Steelers - 35% Nope.
Seahawks - 65% possible battle for the division, away. will be a good one, but we win (bias)
Rams - 73% We win for the division
[ Edited by 49glory on Nov 21, 2011 at 5:33 AM ]
Originally posted by 49glory:
So as an update to my previous predictions, i must admit i was wrong, as this team is exceeding even my optimistic expectations
Here is my take on the 2011 schedule:
Seahawks - 78% win - At home, opening day, we pull it out --- 33-17 W
Cowboys - 50% - If Romo shows up, we lose 27-24 L OT
Bengals - 85% win - theyre in complete chaos over there. i see them gunning for Luck- 13-8 W
Eagles- 45% - We played them very close last year but i dont see it happening with a healthy Vick 24-23 W
Bucs - 68% win- They stomped us last year with Blount, but we had no offense with sing. probably wont happen again 48-3 W
Lions - 70% win- yes they have a monster DL but the rest of their D still sucks and theyre offense is iffy. 25-19 W
Browns - 70% win- attack McCoy and he folds. hillis wont run over our D (madden curse) 20-10 W
Redskins - 79% win- Who knows what their Qb situation looks like but theyve got other issues. i think we handle them. 19-11 W
Giants - 50% - Depends on what Eli does. Not optimistic about this one 27-20 W
Cardinals - 80% win- Its the cards 23-7
Ravens - 35% - harbaugh vs. harbaugh but not likely
Rams - 73% - We beat them last year with Troy Smith, J.Smith was ejected in chargers game, sorry.
Cardinals - 80% Its the Cards again
Steelers - 35% Nope.
Seahawks - 65% possible battle for the division, away. will be a good one, but we win (bias)
Rams - 73% We win for the division

Niners are only 3 point underdogs for the Ravens game this Thursday. (Basically pick-em, since the home team typically gets ~3 points by default)

I think there's a pretty decent chance that we pull the upset. 35% may be under-calling the Niners chances.
Share 49ersWebzone