LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Warren Sapp talks Aldon Smith on NFL Total Access

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by TheSaboteur:
Sapp did a great job showing a few plays of Aldon and why he is a beast. He has some VICIOUS hands. He can bend around the edge and he's a disruptive force wherever you put him.

LMAO at fans like Susweel "hating the pick" because "he wasnt projected to go to the 9ers" or "they had never heard of him".

Football ignorance, lol. Watch the tape crybabies.

Whatever dude nobody heard of that dude before. Everybody was expecting Prince or Quinn. He may turn out to be a good player but it was still a big reach at the time.

No, *YOU* never heard of that dude before. I know who he was and so did alot of other people. He was even featured on Game Changers with Steve Mariucci. If he doesn't break his leg as a senior, we aren't even having this conversation.

We have heard since the draft that both Washington at 10 and Houston at 11 were looking strongly at him.

I knew who he was, but I have to admit, I was surprised by the pick. I had him projected to go #11 to the Texans. Honestly, it wasn't much of a reach at all.

I can't say I wasn't surprised either, but that doesn't make it a reach. They needed a pass rushing OLB. Thats pretty clear. They've needed one for a long time now. Clearly, they liked Aldon much more than Quinn.

If thats they case, go get him.

BTW, what the hell did Quinn do to supposedly be so much better than Smith? Hell, Quinn was suspended for an entire year.
Sapp did a great job showing a few plays of Aldon and why he is a beast. He has some VICIOUS hands. He can bend around the edge and he's a disruptive force wherever you put him.

LMAO at fans like Susweel "hating the pick" because "he wasnt projected to go to the 9ers" or "they had never heard of him".

Whatever dude nobody heard of that dude before. Everybody was expecting Prince or Quinn. He may turn out to be a good player but it was still a big reach at the time.

No, *YOU* never heard of that dude before. I know who he was and so did alot of other people. He was even featured on Game Changers with Steve Mariucci. If he doesn't break his leg as a senior, we aren't even having this conversation.

We have heard since the draft that both Washington at 10 and Houston at 11 were looking strongly at him.

I knew who he was, but I have to admit, I was surprised by the pick. I had him projected to go #11 to the Texans. Honestly, it wasn't much of a reach at all.

I can't say I wasn't surprised either, but that doesn't make it a reach. They needed a pass rushing OLB. Thats pretty clear. They've needed one for a long time now. Clearly, they liked Aldon much more than Quinn.

BTW, what the hell did Quinn do to supposedly be so much better than Smith? Hell, Quinn was suspended for an entire year.

Actually, I think they compare closely to each other. I believe Quinn's medical concerns vs. Aldon Smith's upside made the difference.
Right now his inside rush is better than his outside, they need to move him inside a lot his first year imo.

I was surprised but I liked the pick. I like Aldon SMith, I watched some of his games in college and I watched the game changers he was on. Seems like a cool guy with a good work ethic, and a warrior. Really good athlete and a physical freak, and no character concerns or anything like that.
"If the experts think it's a reach, IT MUST BE!"

Solid Gold Logic that doesn't fail.

LOL.....Who the heck are you....???

You are clearly trolling, but at least it's entertaining.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Not trolling, pointing out that certain fans "hate draft picks" because of what the "experts" say.

Time to go back to the drawing board. Patrick Willis has no intangibles, yo.

Not trolling, pointing out that certain fans "hate draft picks" because of what the "experts" say.

The tone of your posts makes it a "troll". And you're taking what I said out of context, bro. If you dont see the diffrence between Willis and Lewis then you are a homer to the 3rd power.

The tone of your posts makes it a "troll". And you're taking what I said out of context, bro. If you dont see the diffrence between Willis and Lewis then you are a homer to the 3rd power.

Why do you like to incite and then run like a sissy?

Why do you like to incite and then run like a sissy?

Cause he got banned.

-9fA

Field demo: Aldon Smith - NFL.com

Nice video by Sapp
anyone who hadn't heard of aldon smith before the draft just doesnt follow the draft process close enough, when we were on the clock i paused my tv and went outside to puff a joint and i knew before the pick it was either prince or quinn/aldon (depending on who they thought as a better 3/4 player)
Sapps the man, loved watching him when he was playing for the Buccs, his speed to the QB or ball carrier were highlight reels.

False. He was projected by many to go to the Redskins at 10 or Texans at 11. Many people who ACTUALLY WATCH AND EVALUATE PROSPECTS have heard of the guy. Only people who don't have a clue about the draft hadn't heard of him because ESPN wasn't slurping his jizz.

Watch the tape please.

Man I aint got time to watch tapes, all I go off of is what the "experts" say in their mock drafts. The dude was projected to go any where from 12-20 and we picked him at 7. I still doubt he will become an all pro player, if he does then Baalke will look a genious and if he's anything short Baalke will look like an idiot.

I'm not taking your side on Aldon but I think it's kind of funny that he's bashing you because you're taking expert opinions instead of looking him up on youtube videos and pretending that you're a scout.

I do think you're wrong though and here's why. NFL GM's and scouts > Kiper, Mayock, McShay. They're betting their careers on who they draft. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think you'd have a hard arguing that Prince and Quinn was rated higher than Smith on most teams boards.
this thread delivers.
Share 49ersWebzone