There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Warren Sapp talks Aldon Smith on NFL Total Access

Field demo: Aldon Smith - NFL.com

[ Edited by PTulini on May 6, 2011 at 17:18:45 ]
Okay let me get some napkins.......
Sapp did a great job showing a few plays of Aldon and why he is a beast. He has some VICIOUS hands. He can bend around the edge and he's a disruptive force wherever you put him.

LMAO at fans like Susweel "hating the pick" because "he wasnt projected to go to the 9ers" or "they had never heard of him".

Football ignorance, lol. Watch the tape crybabies.
Originally posted by TheSaboteur:
Sapp did a great job showing a few plays of Aldon and why he is a beast. He has some VICIOUS hands. He can bend around the edge and he's a disruptive force wherever you put him.

LMAO at fans like Susweel "hating the pick" because "he wasnt projected to go to the 9ers" or "they had never heard of him".

Whatever dude nobody heard of that dude before. Everybody was expecting Prince or Quinn. He may turn out to be a good player but it was still a big reach at the time.
Originally posted by susweel:

Whatever dude nobody heard of that dude before. Everybody was expecting Prince or Quinn. He may turn out to be a good player but it was still a big reach at the time.

False. He was projected by many to go to the Redskins at 10 or Texans at 11. Many people who ACTUALLY WATCH AND EVALUATE PROSPECTS have heard of the guy. Only people who don't have a clue about the draft hadn't heard of him because ESPN wasn't slurping his jizz.

Watch the tape please.

False. He was projected by many to go to the Redskins at 10 or Texans at 11. Many people who ACTUALLY WATCH AND EVALUATE PROSPECTS have heard of the guy. Only people who don't have a clue about the draft hadn't heard of him because ESPN wasn't slurping his jizz.

Watch the tape please.

Man I aint got time to watch tapes, all I go off of is what the "experts" say in their mock drafts. The dude was projected to go any where from 12-20 and we picked him at 7. I still doubt he will become an all pro player, if he does then Baalke will look a genious and if he's anything short Baalke will look like an idiot.

Watch the tape please.

Man I aint got time to watch tapes, all I go off of is what the "experts" say in their mock drafts. The dude was projected to go any where from 12-20 and we picked him at 7. I still doubt he will become an all pro player, if he does then Baalke will look a genious and if he's anything short Baalke will look like an idiot.

He doesn't need to be an all pro, just a solid pass rusher who makes some pro bowls.

This was a weak class. And the fact that you admitted all you do is go by what the "experts say" proves that you have no credibility at all in bashing a player you had never seen before.

Criticizing the rest of the class is fine, Kaepernick and Hunter are frauds, but Aldon will be a beast.

Watch the tape please.

He doesn't need to be an all pro, just a solid pass rusher who makes some pro bowls.

This was a weak class. And the fact that you admitted all you do is go by what the "experts say" proves that you have no credibility at all in bashing a player you had never seen before.

Criticizing the rest of the class is fine, Kaepernick and Hunter are frauds, but Aldon will be a beast.

I never said I was an expert, Im a fan and I judge based on my perceptions and what I read and hear from the "experts".

I personally l like the Kap and Hunter picks, I think they are gonna be good players. Every other pick seemed like a reach.

Watch the tape please.

I sometimes watch Warren Sapp on NFL Total Access with the sound muted so that I can tune in on all his weird movements and facial gestures.

He wasn't a big reach at all, that's the point. You just feel that way b/c you never heard of him.

No, *YOU* never heard of that dude before. I know who he was and so did alot of other people. He was even featured on Game Changers with Steve Mariucci. If he doesn't break his leg this past year, we aren't even having this conversation.

We have heard since the draft that both Washington at 10 and Houston at 11 were looking strongly at him.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 6, 2011 at 18:44:36 ]

Watch the tape please.

I never said I was an expert, Im a fan and I judge based on my perceptions and what I read and hear from the "experts".

I personally l like the Kap and Hunter picks, I think they are gonna be good players. Every other pick seemed like a reach.

Well, the first thing you should know is that the "experts" aren't really experts. Yes, he was projected 12-20, but that was based on the needs of the teams, not the talent level of the players.

The only other guys there to pick (since they could not trade down) were Prince and Quinn. I have never been a fan of Prince and Quinn has a medical red flag (brain tumor).

What are you basing your doubt that he will be any good on? Just where he was taken and where he was projected? If thats all you got, thats pretty lame.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

No, *YOU* never heard of that dude before. I know who he was and so did alot of other people. He was even featured on Game Changers with Steve Mariucci. If he doesn't break his leg as a senior, we aren't even having this conversation.

We have heard since the draft that both Washington at 10 and Houston at 11 were looking strongly at him.

I knew who he was, but I have to admit, I was surprised by the pick. I had him projected to go #11 to the Texans. Honestly, it wasn't much of a reach at all.