LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers (Video)...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wow, nice transitions from video to video, very clean, and you did well with the lower resolution capturing as well...I really liked the intro, and the fade in and out effects...great stuff man. You definately have an eye for quality, that's what makes good media guys, great!!
nice!
nice video
great video

-9fA
Marvin's a flat out BOSS!!!!!!

Originally posted by darkknight49:
do you use after effects at all? I suppose a better question is what NLE do you use?

I use very little or none at all. I just like the "meat" of the vid to be pure video footage. NLE?
Great piece Marvin.

From those highlights, this kid is very impressive. He has no problem rolling left and throwing the ball even with a DL in pursuit. Also noticed another play where the back in the flat was wide open but he threw a laser out in tight coverage for a completion.
He also has the ability to turn the corner when running the ball.

There's things in this highlight that I rarely saw from Alex Smith college highlights.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Great work!

I noticed that CK's got good awareness in the pocket: Doesn't seem to get rattled, and when outside the pocket, he knows when to continue to be a passer and when to be a runner.

It's gonna be fun seeing him develop under Harbaugh.

One thing touched on by analysts was that he keeps his eyes downfield. That's a very good trait he has.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Great work!

I noticed that CK's got good awareness in the pocket: Doesn't seem to get rattled, and when outside the pocket, he knows when to continue to be a passer and when to be a runner.

It's gonna be fun seeing him develop under Harbaugh.

One thing touched on by analysts was that he keeps his eyes downfield. That's a very good trait he has.

Yes and he also mentioned that a lot of the runs were by design of the play which means he would rather scramble and pass than scramble and run: that's good.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Great piece Marvin.

From those highlights, this kid is very impressive. He has no problem rolling left and throwing the ball even with a DL in pursuit. Also noticed another play where the back in the flat was wide open but he threw a laser out in tight coverage for a completion.
He also has the ability to turn the corner when running the ball.

There's things in this highlight that I rarely saw from Alex Smith college highlights.

Thats actually something that Walsh would work with Montana in. I remember hearing D. Clark talk about how uncanny good Montana was at that.

God I love Marvin49, his videos always kick ass!
Well, having gone over 3 or 4 games before I put this vid together, I like him but hae some concerns.

They ran ALOT at Nevada. Finding his passing plays was a bit of a challenge. He also fumbled at least 4 times that I saw. Very few of his passes were to the middle of the field.

As for the positives, they are pretty clear. Mobile, Big Arm, Smart. I came away pretty excited. He looks alot more like Vince Young to me than Randall Cunningham. Thats not a bad thing either. 99% of Vinces troubles are between his ears. Not a problem with Kaep.
Much is made of Kap's release, throwing motion, etc., but if you watch this video and another, posted elsewhere, on a study of just those things, they show he can and does release the ball fairly quickly and with impressive accuracy. I'm concerned that if we mess around with his mechanics too much, his already excellent accuracy may suffer. For those that claim his supposedly long or slow release acn telegraph his intent to faster, smarter pro DB's, how about inserting a pump fake once in a while? Something Alex Smith has yet to learn. Refine his mechanics, yes. Try to change it too much and you may find the result is opposite what was intended. This guy looks like the real deal to me. JMHO
P.S. What I didn't notice in this highlight reel was the long bomb? Have not seen completion stats that break them down by yardage. Anynone know? God knows he has the arm for it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
like i said great video but watching highlights of Kaep makes me worry. i dont like what i see and thats a whole lot of running and lots of passes to a stationary reciever.

I see lots of curl routes
Share 49ersWebzone