There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grade the 49ers 2011 Draft Class

C- for me. Not too happy with the picks right now hope they change my mind in the coming years. Don't think we improved much at all in the draft that could help us this year. Hoping for a good free agency if not we have the same 6-11 team from last year.
  • titan
  • Veteran
C+ but could easily be an A+++ if developmental project develop like planned.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Hate to be critical, but except for Hunter in the 4th, all I see are projects and reaches: D.

Really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a "sure-thing" on the board and we drafted 7th. Looks like a Terry Donahue draft to me. God, I hope I'm wrong. Maybe coaching will make something out of it.

Please enlighten us on these "sure-thing" draft picks you talk about.
Grade = C

could be higher in the future, could also be worse...
Considering I don't know half the freaking players, I can't say s**t. All I know is we drafted players that have the potential to fill the gaps and needs at key positions.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Grade = C

could be higher in the future, could also be worse...

Cosigned, I like Aldon Smith. My favorite picks were Hunter and Johnson. The others we'll have to see about.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we have to see what happens in FA

C

we didnt get any good CB depth and we still need a legit starter

I give it a B, and problem with CBs there was a drop off after the big 3, then there werent any big named or legit starters.

So, i think Culliver is underrated and shouldnt be looked past, just cause some had him as a 6th or later, he wasnt a bad pick.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
C+ sounds about right.

They addressed their needs, got some great athletes, but as said there seems to be a lot of projects. Here's hoping that the position coaches know what the he'll they're doing.

We still have Vance singletary, right?
C-.

I only liked the Kaep and Hunter picks. The rest are 'meh' and the Aldon Smith picked made me go "who?" in the same way when we drafted Kentwaan Balmer.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
C-.

I only liked the Kaep and Hunter picks. The rest are 'meh' and the Aldon Smith picked made me go "who?" in the same way when we drafted Kentwaan Balmer.

-9fA

aldon smith was a consensus top 12 on every1s big board and a consensus top 115 pick you didnt study the draft enough
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
i cant help but give this draft a D.. the players are gonna have to make some noice in order for this grade to impove..
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'll get back to you in 3 years.

Exactly!
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'll get back to you in 3 years.

Exactly!

Seriously. Post-draft grades are ALWAYS meaningless.

This could be the greatest draft in NFL history for all we know.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
C, with the possibility to go to an A or an F. Ask me again in 3 years.
at first i was kind of stunned because I hadn't heard of a lot of the guys, and so I made a snap judgement. I went and watched the videos of their combine workouts, and I also went and looked them up on youtube.

Gosh guys, I'm really thinking our coaches and scouts know what they are doing. Johnson from USC was a huge impact player for them, Hunter for OKC was like barry Sanders, shifty and always falling forward it seems.

I really think most of these guys will end up sticking with the team, so I retract a former statement that some of them wont make the team on some thread, I was just upset out of my ignorance.

Overall, I give it a B+. Great Job Niners!!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home