Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by susweel:
Looks like the team is basically using 2011 season as developmental year. The playoff drought continues.....................

Even IF Andrew Luck had of come out this year AND the 49ers would have been able to draft him, we would still be developing this year.

We have a NEW HC, a NEW offensive system that ALL of our players have to learn. We also have a NEW DC, instilling a NEW defensive scheme. Players will have to learn this NEW scheme.

We are rebuilding. If you EXPECTED to be in the playoffs this year, you are being extremely optimistic.

It takes time to build a champion, it does not happen the first year in the NFL.

Just like the the Seahawks and Rams were rebuilding last year. We have a shot, as a whole I think we have the most tallented roster.

What were the Seahawks and the Rams record last year?

Did they make it to the Superbowl?

The Rams are still building a championship team. They are by far the closest out of the NFC West. They have their QB and he will only get better. He did a lot with only Amendola as his WR. If any of their drafted WR's pan out, watch out!

Seattle and Arizona will not be any better if they get Kolb, McNabb, Bulger or any other FA QB. They will still be going to a new team, learning a new system, playing with different players.

What does it matter if we win the NFC West? We are not going to be playing deep in the playoffs, and we will not be winning the Superbowl.

Has it ever happened in the history of the NFL? A new head coach instilling a new offense? I'm too lazy to do the research right now, but I am willing to bet not.

Oh, now were talking about winning the superbowl next year. I thought we were talking about this
" If you EXPECTED to be in the playoffs this year, you are being extremely optimistic."

Someone out of this crappy div. has to go.

Yes, and if you EXPECT it to be us, then you expect too much. We are learning a new system in an unusually short off season. We have not been able to have any OTA's, voluntary workouts, or even able to pass out the play books until Friday.

Bottom line is this: Don't EXPECT our first year HC, who is a NEW NFL HC, to turn this team into a playoff team in his first year. Give him some time. Would I be excited and happy if we made the playoffs? Certainly! Do I EXPECT it? Certainly not!

So making statements like; "Looks like the team is basically using 2011 season as developmental year. The playoff drought continues", as if we should EXPECT anything different is foolish.

For one, to say it we'll be an unusually short off season is presumptuous. The judge could dissolve the stay or lock out this week. She already ruled that the lock-out is illegal.
Second, I'm pretty sure last year was Pete Carrol's first year. Not in the nfl but come on, going into last year we were the favorites to win the div. We're not that far off.
I give up, my point is lost with you.
I think we will add one more and Carr will have to earn a backup spot. Smtih Starts, Kap is guaranteed the 3rd QB slot at least if not the two. I still see us trying to bring in Josh Johnson and likely parting ways with Carr.
I just find it funny how so many people here know better than the Niners coach J Harbaugh... He;s the main reason A Smith is coming back and he thinks A Smith is alot better then he's shown thing is when A Smith had a REAL OC in N Turner he didnt do that bad...I think Harbaugh may just turn A Smith into something good...

Funny I remember SO many niner fans BASHING S Young for being a lousy QB then when he took over the team and they were still winning everybody forgot how they thought S Young was so bad.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said he'd like to add one undisclosed undrafted QB. Club cannot enter into an agreement until lockout is lifted. Top undrafted QBs: Tolzien (Wisconsin), Devlin (Delaware), Froman (Louisville), Portis (California-PA), Potts (Texas Tech).

then I asked: any chance Froman's Bay Area roots give him edge?

And Maiocco answered: No. Harbaugh has his favorite. It has nothing to do with geography.

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/64518299026857984
http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/64535077593419776
http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/64537348838400000

It would be a young core, but I'm hoping Carr gets cut and we have Smith with two rookie qbs that Harbaugh feels good about.

I hope carr gets cut too. Likely, the undrafted rookie QB will be on practice squad. I will bring back Troy Smith also.

If they wanted Troy Smith back, there would have already been an offer. I can see an undrafted rookie on PS, or maybe we sign a vet and cut Carr loose to have a solid #3.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Looks like the team is basically using 2011 season as developmental year. The playoff drought continues.....................

Even IF Andrew Luck had of come out this year AND the 49ers would have been able to draft him, we would still be developing this year.

We have a NEW HC, a NEW offensive system that ALL of our players have to learn. We also have a NEW DC, instilling a NEW defensive scheme. Players will have to learn this NEW scheme.

We are rebuilding. If you EXPECTED to be in the playoffs this year, you are being extremely optimistic.

It takes time to build a champion, it does not happen the first year in the NFL.

Just like the the Seahawks and Rams were rebuilding last year. We have a shot, as a whole I think we have the most tallented roster.

What were the Seahawks and the Rams record last year?

Did they make it to the Superbowl?

The Rams are still building a championship team. They are by far the closest out of the NFC West. They have their QB and he will only get better. He did a lot with only Amendola as his WR. If any of their drafted WR's pan out, watch out!

Seattle and Arizona will not be any better if they get Kolb, McNabb, Bulger or any other FA QB. They will still be going to a new team, learning a new system, playing with different players.

What does it matter if we win the NFC West? We are not going to be playing deep in the playoffs, and we will not be winning the Superbowl.

Has it ever happened in the history of the NFL? A new head coach instilling a new offense? I'm too lazy to do the research right now, but I am willing to bet not.

Oh, now were talking about winning the superbowl next year. I thought we were talking about this
" If you EXPECTED to be in the playoffs this year, you are being extremely optimistic."

Someone out of this crappy div. has to go.

Yes, and if you EXPECT it to be us, then you expect too much. We are learning a new system in an unusually short off season. We have not been able to have any OTA's, voluntary workouts, or even able to pass out the play books until Friday.

Bottom line is this: Don't EXPECT our first year HC, who is a NEW NFL HC, to turn this team into a playoff team in his first year. Give him some time. Would I be excited and happy if we made the playoffs? Certainly! Do I EXPECT it? Certainly not!

So making statements like; "Looks like the team is basically using 2011 season as developmental year. The playoff drought continues", as if we should EXPECT anything different is foolish.

For one, to say it we'll be an unusually short off season is presumptuous. The judge could dissolve the stay or lock out this week. She already ruled that the lock-out is illegal.
Second, I'm pretty sure last year was Pete Carrol's first year. Not in the nfl but come on, going into last year we were the favorites to win the div. We're not that far off.
I give up, I lost to you.

Fixed

I addressed every one of your points, your just wrong.

[ Edited by KID9R on May 1, 2011 at 12:52:09 ]
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said he'd like to add one undisclosed undrafted QB. Club cannot enter into an agreement until lockout is lifted. Top undrafted QBs: Tolzien (Wisconsin), Devlin (Delaware), Froman (Louisville), Portis (California-PA), Potts (Texas Tech).

then I asked: any chance Froman's Bay Area roots give him edge?

And Maiocco answered: No. Harbaugh has his favorite. It has nothing to do with geography.

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/64518299026857984
http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/64535077593419776
http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/64537348838400000

It would be a young core, but I'm hoping Carr gets cut and we have Smith with two rookie qbs that Harbaugh feels good about.

I hope carr gets cut too. Likely, the undrafted rookie QB will be on practice squad. I will bring back Troy Smith also.

If they wanted Troy Smith back, there would have already been an offer. I can see an undrafted rookie on PS, or maybe we sign a vet and cut Carr loose to have a solid #3.

Troy did not get a tender? he is a restricted free agent right? either way, we can bring in some other Vet. Get rid of carr though.
Share 49ersWebzone