There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Looks like our QBs next year could be

Originally posted by CRABTREE:
Kaepernick is the real deal...Alex better study hard and find his heart like the tin man or he won't beat Kaepernick.

I agree on CK, but Alex is usually the pre-season MVP and as usual, people will say...

His arm looks stronger, vision is awesome, more athletic, he will pass for 3000 yrs in 2011, 30TDs and 10INT, he will make the probowl, etc, etc..
and at the start of the season he chokes.... let the booooos begin
Originally posted by susweel:
Looks like the team is basically using 2011 season as developmental year. The playoff drought continues.....................

Even IF Andrew Luck had of come out this year AND the 49ers would have been able to draft him, we would still be developing this year.

We have a NEW HC, a NEW offensive system that ALL of our players have to learn. We also have a NEW DC, instilling a NEW defensive scheme. Players will have to learn this NEW scheme.

We are rebuilding. If you EXPECTED to be in the playoffs this year, you are being extremely optimistic.

It takes time to build a champion, it does not happen the first year in the NFL.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Looks like the team is basically using 2011 season as developmental year. The playoff drought continues.....................

Even IF Andrew Luck had of come out this year AND the 49ers would have been able to draft him, we would still be developing this year.

We have a NEW HC, a NEW offensive system that ALL of our players have to learn. We also have a NEW DC, instilling a NEW defensive scheme. Players will have to learn this NEW scheme.

We are rebuilding. If you EXPECTED to be in the playoffs this year, you are being extremely optimistic.

It takes time to build a champion, it does not happen the first year in the NFL.

Just like the the Seahawks and Rams were rebuilding last year. We have a shot, as a whole I think we have the most tallented roster.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I see this draft as filling our depth. Besides Smith and Kap, the rest are backups and ST.

[ Edited by mayo49 on May 1, 2011 at 08:58:13 ]
Originally posted by fly15:
Kaepernick is the real deal...Alex better study hard and find his heart like the tin man or he won't beat Kaepernick.

I agree on CK, but Alex is usually the pre-season MVP and as usual, people will say...

His arm looks stronger, vision is awesome, more athletic, he will pass for 3000 yrs in 2011, 30TDs and 10INT, he will make the probowl, etc, etc..

The difference is that we have a true offensive head coach who has a history of developing QB's. Sure he hasn't done it in the NFL and he could flop just like any other big time college HC, but he is by far better than anything Alex has had since coming to the NFL.

Alex will not be able to fool Harbaugh like he did the other coaches. Harbaugh is going to watch Alex like a bird watcher.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I'm not too concerned about Alex coming back.

Harbaugh has always said that QB spot will be an open competition and will be earned. Even yesterday, he said during the Kaep's press conference. Check out the video at 6:15

Alex couldn't beat Rattay in 05. He couldn't beat out O'Sullivan in 08 or Hill in 09. So its pretty much a guarantee Kaepernick will start week 1.

If Harbaugh's plan was too find a veteran who could bridge the gap or buy some time until Kaepernick was ready, he'll soon find out that his veteran of choice will struggle to learn his system which everyone knows by now.

but Alex is usually the pre season MVP

uh, no he isn't
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
this is how i hope it goes. Alex Smith, Hasselbeck and Kaepernick. dont let Kaep see the field at all this year until he soaks up harbaughs entire playbook and sees how the two vets go about their business. like we should of done with smith, lets not make the same mistake twice. Alex Smith will improve this year under harbaugh, he was pretty good last year save for a few bonehead plays but that coulda just been raye sleeping and mumbling out the wrong play call. Matt Hasselbeck is a guy i hope we go after to back up Smith. he is a well respected, seasoned veteran and after the beasting hes been taking the last few years i think he would be content in a mentor role this year. he helps alex and colin with his knowledge of the WCO and he is very professional and goes about his job the right way. great role model who can also be a great backup if he needs to play next year due to injury. thats how i see it anyway. no josh johnson, get a guy whos been around for a while and is familiar with the WCO. smiths "mentor" was rattay and i believe ken dorsey was still here with us as well. f**k that. lets do this the right way this time. hopefully harbaugh gives us a Brees/Rivers deal and we can trade off one of these guys and make a killing if they can both be developed just like SD did.

This, with paragraphs!

Plus a UDFA for the practice squad.

Originally posted by KID9R:

Just like the the Seahawks and Rams were rebuilding last year. We have a shot, as a whole I think we have the most tallented roster.
'he Rams and Seahawks had a genuie HC, who understood that you can't be predictable. To be honest I was worried in preseason since our starters were always outplayed. So if there will a preseason I want to see a change to that.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

'he Rams and Seahawks had a genuie HC, who understood that you can't be predictable. To be honest I was worried in preseason since our starters were always outplayed. So if there will a preseason I want to see a change to that.

Do we have a "genuie"? head coach?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Our Qb this year will be Alex.

What were the Seahawks and the Rams record last year?

Did they make it to the Superbowl?

The Rams are still building a championship team. They are by far the closest out of the NFC West. They have their QB and he will only get better. He did a lot with only Amendola as his WR. If any of their drafted WR's pan out, watch out!

Seattle and Arizona will not be any better if they get Kolb, McNabb, Bulger or any other FA QB. They will still be going to a new team, learning a new system, playing with different players.

What does it matter if we win the NFC West? We are not going to be playing deep in the playoffs, and we will not be winning the Superbowl.

Has it ever happened in the history of the NFL? A new head coach instilling a new offense? I'm too lazy to do the research right now, but I am willing to bet not.

The difference is that we have a true offensive head coach who has a history of developing QB's. Sure he hasn't done it in the NFL and he could flop just like any other big time college HC, but he is by far better than anything Alex has had since coming to the NFL.

Alex will not be able to fool Harbaugh like he did the other coaches. Harbaugh is going to watch Alex like a bird watcher.

I guess he fooled him already, he said Alice has a license to start.....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I guess he fooled him already, he said Alice has a license to start.....

• KID9R
  • Veteran

What were the Seahawks and the Rams record last year?

Did they make it to the Superbowl?

The Rams are still building a championship team. They are by far the closest out of the NFC West. They have their QB and he will only get better. He did a lot with only Amendola as his WR. If any of their drafted WR's pan out, watch out!

Seattle and Arizona will not be any better if they get Kolb, McNabb, Bulger or any other FA QB. They will still be going to a new team, learning a new system, playing with different players.

What does it matter if we win the NFC West? We are not going to be playing deep in the playoffs, and we will not be winning the Superbowl.

Has it ever happened in the history of the NFL? A new head coach instilling a new offense? I'm too lazy to do the research right now, but I am willing to bet not.

Oh, now were talking about winning the superbowl next year. I thought we were talking about this
" If you EXPECTED to be in the playoffs this year, you are being extremely optimistic."

Someone out of this crappy div. has to go.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Our Qb this year will be Alex.

Yes, I agree. Let's see if Harbaugh can really coach. If he can turn Alex into a decent QB, then I will be a believer and will be extremely excited to see what he can do with Colin.

If Alex turns out to be like Brees, then we franchise him (if that is part of the new CBA).