There are 166 users in the forums

Looks like our QBs next year could be

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex Smith,David Carr,and Kap? I pray to god we add another free agent,because that's basicly last year QB roster with Kap replacing Troy..
Originally posted by fakers23:
Alex Smith,David Carr,and Kap? I pray to god we add another free agent,because that's basicly last year QB roster with Kap replacing Troy..

Alex will be better under Harbaugh, Kap has a ton of upside, Carr blows. Really in this offseason it's not bad considering the options.
Looks like Alex will win the starting job by default again..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fakers23:
Looks like Alex will win the starting job by default again..

sucks to be niner fans.
Proud to be a niner fan
What exactly were you expecting from this draft? Kevin Kolb? lol.

We got an exciting young athletic QB for Harbaugh to mold. That's all you canreally ask for out of this draft.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Looks like the team is basically using 2011 season as developmental year. The playoff drought continues.....................
Originally posted by susweel:
Looks like the team is basically using 2011 season as developmental year. The playoff drought continues.....................

0-16, ANDREW LUCK HERE WE COME
Dammit, i didn't look at the name of the poster before I replied. Can someone delete my post? I'd rather not contribute to a fakers thread, too juvenile.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
What exactly were you expecting from this draft? Kevin Kolb? lol.

We got an exciting young athletic QB for Harbaugh to mold. That's all you canreally ask for out of this draft.

I was expecting real competion.. Not the same Qbs from last year minus Troy Smith!

We could trade for brady, revis and andre johnson and some people would still b*tch
Yea as a fan you want the team to win every year and your sick of the losing but realistically next year isn't Super Bowl or bust so Smith or anyone else doesn't bother me at QB as long as we don't waste draft picks on a stop gap.

You could easily argue there are better QBs than Smith out their available but what they might get us maybe one or two more wins than Smith behind center? So our reward is a worse draft pick?

I was always fine with Smith being back as long as we drafted a legit heir to the spot which we did (we hope).

If it was up to me I would throw Kaepernick in their from the get go as long as he was somewhat ready. In 2005 I would've said under circumstances he is to leave the bench but in 2011 we actually do have a good running game, what hopefully will mature into a good O line, some weapons and a good defense so he does have some support. So I would much rather get Kaepernick as many valuable reps and in game experiences as possible so we can make a run to make some noise in 2012
The Niners will likely have 4 QBs in camps. Probably Froman in UDFA. Or maybe Luck's backup at Stanford, Alex Loukas.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Yea as a fan you want the team to win every year and your sick of the losing but realistically next year isn't Super Bowl or bust so Smith or anyone else doesn't bother me at QB as long as we don't waste draft picks on a stop gap.

You could easily argue there are better QBs than Smith out their available but what they might get us maybe one or two more wins than Smith behind center? So our reward is a worse draft pick?

I was always fine with Smith being back as long as we drafted a legit heir to the spot which we did (we hope).

If it was up to me I would throw Kaepernick in their from the get go as long as he was somewhat ready. In 2005 I would've said under circumstances he is to leave the bench but in 2011 we actually do have a good running game, what hopefully will mature into a good O line, some weapons and a good defense so he does have some support. So I would much rather get Kaepernick as many valuable reps and in game experiences as possible so we can make a run to make some noise in 2012

Not an attack on Alex this time.. It's about the QB roster as a whole.. We were told thier be real competion at QB.. What were getting is the same thing as 2010.. Just with Kap replacing Troy..
Why does Carr have to be? There's some FA QBs we can get. We can still trade for Josh Johnson. We can sign an UDFA (Froman, Coughlin, Tolzien).
Share 49ersWebzone