There are 258 users in the forums

A letter from 11 year old Colin Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
11yr old Colin writes like BuZzB28.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
6'4, 140 what a beast
yeah he wanted to be underweight I guess lol. Nah kids aren't expected to know what a good weight is :P. When you're that young it's like anything over 100 pounds seems like so much. (maybe not these days though, with 200 pound little kids all over the place).

Awesome that he got his height pretty close to right though, he was listed at 6'4" for a long time on wiki and such. Nevada has him at 6'6" but some sites are saying 6'5"..

I think I wanted to be a rockstar, but I don't really remember. Might have said cop because I used to play "cops and robbers" a lot lol.
  • lyer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:
Should have wrote "I plan to lead the 49ers or Packers to the Superbowl during my rookie season"

Almost guys. Almost.

yes
Wow! Given us screwing A-Rod over, and the horrible slump we seem to be in, this has to be our destiny. The Yorks need to have a commercial up in like the next 24 hours promoting this guys letter and attracting some season ticket holders. "4949 Centennial: Where destiny happens"
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Wow! Given us screwing A-Rod over, and the horrible slump we seem to be in, this has to be our destiny. The Yorks need to have a commercial up in like the next 24 hours promoting this guys letter and attracting some season ticket holders. "4949 Centennial: Where destiny happens"

Destiny is watching this guy hold a clipboard for a year while the team goes 7-9.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
I find it interesting that the letter speaks towards a specific time in franchise history. In 1998 we were in epic playoff and regular season battles annually with the Packers. We never seemed to win (except for T.O.'s "The Redemption Rception" game). It's just interesting how winning sports teams will leave an impression on people.
I just came
That's pretty stinking cool. Never knew about that.

Reminds me of the essay Jonathan Cheechoo wrote about wanting to play for the San Jose Sharks one day, and his dream came true. Not only that, but went on to win the NHL's Rocket Richard trophy for most goals in a season.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

LOL! Seriously the first few post's I read of Buzz', I thought were a joke

That letter was pimp, I love the outlook on life that kids have. I cant wait for the next Niner vs Packers game when Kaep destroys the golden child that is known as Aaron Rodgers.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I hope he can remove the stench from passing on Rodgers.

I agree but at the same time we need Alex back in 2011.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

LOLOL
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Mods can merge this if they wish but I figured it would be worth its own thread.

http://www.turlockjournal.com/news/archive/5025/
an article written last year.

-----------------------------------------------
The piece of binder paper is slightly wrinkled. Surprisingly, it’s still rather white after being stored in a manila envelope for about seven years. On the sheet are words written by an 11-year-old boy.

This boy made a collection of bold predictions in Bret Sutterley’s fourth-grade class at Turlock’s Dutcher Elementary School. In 1998, the teacher instructed his students to write a letter to their future selves with thoughts on what they’ll be like at 18, as part of a time capsule project. Colin Kaepernick, who was still learning about writing, took out a pencil and scribbled this down:

I’m 5 ft 2 inches 91 pounds. Good athelet. I think in 7 years I will be between 6 ft -- to 6 ft 4 inches 140 pounds. I hope I go to a good college in football Then go to the pros and play on the niners or the packers even if they aren’t good in seven years. My friend are Jason, Kyler, Leo, Spencer, Mark and Jacob

Sincerly, Colin

For the most part, he’s been right. Or close to it.

The San Francisco 49ers aren’t exactly “good” in the NFL, with the team having missed the playoffs every season since 2003. He’s the star quarterback of the University of Nevada football team in Reno. The Wolf Pack have made it to a bowl game every year that he’s been the starter and were picked by coaches and the media to finish second in the Western Athletic Conference behind Boise State in the upcoming season. He’s listed at 6-foot-6, just two inches more than what he predicted. And, perhaps most important, he has been considered a serious NFL prospect since the end of last season.

Don’t kids say the darndest things?

-----------------------------------------

God damn... somehow he managed predict his own future?

Thats not CK

destiny
140lbs at 6'4

he musta thought he'd look something like this

[ Edited by Solace49 on Apr 30, 2011 at 21:51:11 ]
Share 49ersWebzone