LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 336 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
damn I thought this was the Aldon Smith thread...my bad.

Lol

its the death of MadDogg page for now lol
In his honor I will include what would maddog say in my posts.

Hey who would you pick #1 overall in a re-draft?
There is no way I can put the time & energy into what some of these guys do for us normal folk. I was going to mostly put this stuff in the parking lot.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Steve Young has been impressed by 49ers' LB Aldon Smith. Young told KNBR radio, "He's as good as Charles Haley was."

I believe last week he said Aldon had a chance to be as good as Charles Haley. He also said that Haley in effect changed Super Bowls for teams.

I think Aldon is not at prime Haley level yet. If Haley is a 10, I would say Aldon is a 7.5. I remember Haley hitting the QB the split second after he threw the ball more than any player not named LT.

It still makes me mad that the 49ers traded him to an NFC team rather than an AFC team. We would have beat the Cowboys those first 2 times we faced them in the NFC Championship. Thus 2 more Super Bowls.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Maddog sacked by Aldon Smith. I think this is enough to give him the rookie record for sacks in a season.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Maddog sacked by Aldon Smith. I think this is enough to give him the rookie record for sacks in a season.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
MadDog was run off the board, in 2007, I believe, by numerous board members--who criticized him in a single thread over a period of several days so constantly that he self-imposed an exile on himself for a month. He did not return any more humble, however.

He always claimed that others became personally angry at his posts, but the reverse is true--he'd get extremely angry if you dared challenge his posts--instead of simply countering any argument or criticism. Maybe some time off will help him gain some perspective.

As for his big board, there are others who post boards that are equally as good, at least.

He didn't understand true Stardom. He was famous because he had supports and haters. Should have taken that in stride as success.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
MadDog was run off the board, in 2007, I believe, by numerous board members--who criticized him in a single thread over a period of several days so constantly that he self-imposed an exile on himself for a month. He did not return any more humble, however.

He always claimed that others became personally angry at his posts, but the reverse is true--he'd get extremely angry if you dared challenge his posts--instead of simply countering any argument or criticism. Maybe some time off will help him gain some perspective.

As for his big board, there are others who post boards that are equally as good, at least.

He didn't understand true Stardom. He was famous because he had supports and haters. Should have taken that in stride as success.

Like Alex Smith...

Originally posted by PTulini:
IMO, MadDog being banned was long overdue!
Coming from one of the most consistently rational, mild mannered and civil posters on this board, that's quite a statement. IMHO.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

MadDog was worthy of attention for about one month of the year.

This is the "ALDON SMITH" thread. Please stay on topic...

kthxbye.

Well... Now I guess we can go back to talking about Aldon Smith again.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Totally! wait... where was he drafted again?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Never heard of him.
Originally posted by susweel:

Never heard of him.

I heard J.J. Watt was better than this Aldon Smith character.
Share 49ersWebzone