There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by dhp318:
I will be extremely disappointed if we trade this pick for Kolb.

Same here. And it's not because I don't wanna give up Smith (I actually like the pick), its because there is no way in hell that Kolb is worth the 7th pick...

I dont think Kolb is worth any pick. And also if we picked him up, wouldnt we have to sign him to an extension as well?
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
If Aldon Smith pans out into a big time pass rushing threat next to P-Willis...it's f**king game over on the Defensive side.

That's nice and dandy, but if we have nobody to play QB, we are doomed!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
If Aldon Smith pans out into a big time pass rushing threat next to P-Willis...it's f**king game over on the Defensive side.

That's nice and dandy, but if we have nobody to play QB, we are doomed!

Who would you have drafted at 7 to play QB? 49ers are fine where they are, if they can leap in at the last second and snag Dalton, great, if not, well Stanzi's going to be on the board, along with other QBs that Harbaugh can work with.
i want aaron williams with our next pick we need a CB

The fade is killin' em!

LOL!! The Gumby Fade is coming back!!! Made popular by Bobby Brown in the late 80s.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

LOL!! The Gumby Fade is coming back!!! Made popular by Bobby Brown in the late 80s.

lmfao
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Going up against Nate Solder and others in his first year.

Originally posted by miked1978:
Did Smith visit the niners?

yup
  • RedAu
  • Veteran
For the most part Im ok with this pick, what worries me is the Niners brass angry reaction prior to the pick (this was mentioned in another thread).

If they really wanted this guy why would they even consider trading down if HOU was (supposedly) gonna grab him?
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by NinerGM:

lmfao

dude better be awesome with 4 arms!