LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
unexpected but at least the niners have a pass rusher now.

dude had 5 sacks last year

Dude played with a broken leg last year. He played during games that he had no business playing in. If he had come back and had a healthy season like he did his freshman year, he'd be a shoo-in for Top 5 in the 2012 Draft. Kid is a beast without any of the character or medical issues of Quinn.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 28, 2011 at 18:38:19 ]
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Kiper had him 12th best player in the draft... Just sayin

mayock had him 13 as well
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Dude played with a broken leg last year.

ALDONscuses
Originally posted by NinerGM:
ROFL!! I love how the zone is usually WRONG!! ROFL!!! And the overreaction is hilarious as usual.

It's simple. The 49ers DO NOT HAVE A PASS RUSH. End of story. LOL! Everyone is hammering Baalke but this is absolutely 100% what Fangio saw on film AND his comments about our starting so-called outside LBs. Just because you arm-chair GMs didn't scout this guy, that's up to you. Clearly Prince is over-rated because we're not the only team passing on him.

Again, the 49ers will be stronger at the LOS.

THIS
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
nbrmurph Brian Murphy

by KNBR

Aldon Smith with us on @knbr: "I'm an athlete, a playmaker, a hard-worker. Whatever they need, I can do. I can stand u, can make plays."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Dude played with a broken leg last year.

ALDONscuses

Every Smith has built in excuses. haha

hopefully he will turn out to be good, my anger is over now
Originally posted by Jcool:
He gave a pretty good interview on KNBR.... i was impressed.

what he say?
Had to write this fellas, my wife just said some funny s**t.

After putting my daughter down, she said, "So who did ya'll draft".

I told her A.Smith.

she said, "Who"

I told her i didnt know who he was either, but we needed someone at that position

Then she said, "Damn, see thats why yall keep on losing. It seems like ya'll always pick up bad people that are nobody's. Why dont ya'll get any all stars".

She was like you know how u have Charlie Murphy and Eddie Murphy as brothers and Eddie's first then Charlie. Well with our picks it would be their third cousin Bob Murphy that we'd get.

I'm like damn she dont even watch football unless I do, and talkin bout my team.

Oh well, Go Niners
Still think we should have traded into next years draft instead of this pick.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

what he say?

probably the same sh!t everyone says when they are reached for

Jim just

[ Edited by mrbusinessman499 on Apr 28, 2011 at 18:41:43 ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

I told her A.Smith.

she said, "Who"

I told her i didnt know who he was either, but we needed someone at that position

Then she said, "Damn, see thats why yall keep on losing. It seems like ya'll always pick up bad people that are nobody's. Why dont ya'll get any all stars".

She was like you know how u have Charlie Murphy and Eddie Murphy as brothers and Eddie's first then Charlie. Well with our picks it would be their third cousin Bob Murphy that we'd get.

I'm like damn she dont even watch football unless I do, and talkin bout my team.

Oh well, Go Niners

Yeah I know right, 49ers need some guys like Peter Warrick, JaMarcus Russell, they ain't got no f$$king stars.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
ROFL!! I love how the zone is usually WRONG!! ROFL!!! And the overreaction is hilarious as usual.

It's simple. The 49ers DO NOT HAVE A PASS RUSH. End of story. LOL! Everyone is hammering Baalke but this is absolutely 100% what Fangio saw on film AND his comments about our starting so-called outside LBs. Just because you arm-chair GMs didn't scout this guy, that's up to you. Clearly Prince is over-rated because we're not the only team passing on him.

Again, the 49ers will be stronger at the LOS.

THIS

f**k all the haters... All i gotta say is if you don't know who this guy is then you can shut up. Do a little research, he is a pass rush beast.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

what he say?

probably the same sh!t everyone says when they are reached for

Quote:
knbrmurph Brian Murphy

by KNBR

Aldon Smith with us on @knbr: "I'm an athlete, a playmaker, a hard-worker. Whatever they need, I can do. I can stand u, can make plays."
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

I told her A.Smith.

she said, "Who"

Oh well, Go Niners

Yeah because its so easy to get stars
Share 49ersWebzone