LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

former facebook CFO Gideon Yu hired as chief strategy officer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:

EXCELENT!!! Now all the peaces are in place. WE WILL BE UNSTOPABLE!!!!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hitman49:

We just need to hire you to write all of our marketing brochures and we'll be set!
There has to be more to this for Yu. He has some personal interest. The Yorks can't afford to pay him.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Shaj:
ok, irrelevent side note: Does it only amuse me that he has a Jewish first name and an Asian last name?

It reminds me of a joke I once heard, I'll give the shortened version. A guy was sitting next to a HOT(!!) woman in a plane. She told him she is a Ph.D. psychologist and is studying sex and the various races. Her well researched and conclusive results were that Jewish people have the biggest penis and American Indians were the best in bed. He then introduced himself to her as "Tonto Horowitz".

Not sure if Gideon has a similar agenda or not, lol.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erRider:
There has to be more to this for Yu. He has some personal interest. The Yorks can't afford to pay him.

he probably wants to own a team someday and wants to learn the ropes first.

You know the bakery chain La Bou in the Sacramento area? I met the owner once. He was a UC Davis graduate with a Ph.D. in genetics, but he didn't like what he studied and decided he wanted to open up a bakery. So he lied on his resume and said he had no education or experience and worked at a bakery being their b***h for a while until he learned the ropes from top to bottom, then he started his own bakery chain, becoming a millionaire in the process. Yu can't lie about his background, but he could be doing the same strategy.

As a side note, Yu was born in 1971. He is one of the most successful people I have ever heard of under age 40.

You know the bakery chain La Bou in the Sacramento area? I met the owner once. He was a UC Davis graduate with a Ph.D. in genetics, but he didn't like what he studied and decided he wanted to open up a bakery. So he lied on his resume and said he had no education or experience and worked at a bakery being their b***h for a while until he learned the ropes from top to bottom, then he started his own bakery chain, becoming a millionaire in the process. Yu can't lie about his background, but he could be doing the same strategy.

As a side note, Yu was born in 1971. He is one of the most successful people I have ever heard of under age 40.

It helps when you attend Harvard Business School.

-9fA
Originally posted by Hitman49:

We just need to hire you to write all of our marketing brochures and we'll be set!

f*k peace!

we need Qb's and better oline coaching!
  • Otter
  • Veteran

maybe he's just a fan.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Getting harder for York haters to hate.

Being baffled why Yu would decide to join us is another feather in York's cap. First out-dueling Ross and standing firm on his offer for the most coveted coach this offseason. Now getting a guy many think "York can't afford". All good stuff.

You think Yu wants to learn the ropes from the Yorks? That's like learning how to sing from William Hung.
Originally posted by Otter:

maybe he's just a fan.

Could be.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Being baffled why Yu would decide to join us is another feather in York's cap. First out-dueling Ross and standing firm on his offer for the most coveted coach this offseason. Now getting a guy many think "York can't afford". All good stuff.

Are you going to dispute this? It's kinda hard to afford the services of someone who has way more money than you do - unless he has some other vested interest. That's all I'm saying.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Apr 27, 2011 at 11:54:31 ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Are you going to dispute this? It's kinda hard to afford the services of someone who has way more money than you do - unless he has some other vested interest. That's all I'm saying.

______

No, I'm not disputing it. I'm positive Yu's $500m net worth is more than that of the Yorks. Even though the vast majority of Yu's "money" is illiquid.

I'm saying "getting somebody you can't afford" in a role that is needed is a win on all counts for the Yorks. That's all I'm saying. Are you going to dispute this?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

You think Yu wants to learn the ropes from the Yorks? That's like learning how to sing from William Hung.

I didn't say he wants to learn from the Yorks. He will learn what the inside workings of an NFL/Sports team is before he buys one himself, that is what I'm thinking. He doesn't need Jed "just sproutin' pubes" York to teach him that.
Share 49ersWebzone