There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

former facebook CFO Gideon Yu hired as chief strategy officer

  • Shemp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,683
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
Originally posted by Shaj:
ok, irrelevent side note: Does it only amuse me that he has a Jewish first name and an Asian last name?

It reminds me of a joke I once heard, I'll give the shortened version. A guy was sitting next to a HOT(!!) woman in a plane. She told him she is a Ph.D. psychologist and is studying sex and the various races. Her well researched and conclusive results were that Jewish people have the biggest penis and American Indians were the best in bed. He then introduced himself to her as "Tonto Horowitz".

Not sure if Gideon has a similar agenda or not, lol.

you're really a teacher?

It's all a ruse. I'm unemployed and live with my parents.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,932
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
Originally posted by Shaj:
ok, irrelevent side note: Does it only amuse me that he has a Jewish first name and an Asian last name?

It reminds me of a joke I once heard, I'll give the shortened version. A guy was sitting next to a HOT(!!) woman in a plane. She told him she is a Ph.D. psychologist and is studying sex and the various races. Her well researched and conclusive results were that Jewish people have the biggest penis and American Indians were the best in bed. He then introduced himself to her as "Tonto Horowitz".

Not sure if Gideon has a similar agenda or not, lol.

you're really a teacher?

It's all a ruse. I'm unemployed and live with my parents.

...shining shoes at the airport
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,683
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
Originally posted by Shaj:
ok, irrelevent side note: Does it only amuse me that he has a Jewish first name and an Asian last name?

It reminds me of a joke I once heard, I'll give the shortened version. A guy was sitting next to a HOT(!!) woman in a plane. She told him she is a Ph.D. psychologist and is studying sex and the various races. Her well researched and conclusive results were that Jewish people have the biggest penis and American Indians were the best in bed. He then introduced himself to her as "Tonto Horowitz".

Not sure if Gideon has a similar agenda or not, lol.

you're really a teacher?

It's all a ruse. I'm unemployed and live with my parents.

...shining shoes at the airport

I can't say that anymore cuz I got fired. Got caught looking up women's skirts while I shined their shoes and my boss dumped my ass. Now I'm trying to get a job looking at unsuspecting people naked in those new TSA scanners.
Champriansheep.
チャンピオンシップ!!!
Originally posted by Utah9er:
チャンピオンシップ!!!

b!tch move
FACEBOOK FIELD!
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Utah9er:
チャンピオンシップ!!!

b!tch move
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Utah9er:
チャンピオンシップ!!!

b!tch move

Championship.
How does that make sense for him or the 49ers?


Originally posted by redrathman:
Champriansheep.

ror

rmao
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How does that make sense for him or the 49ers?



For the Niners, I think it makes a lot of sense. He is a very successful finance guy in Silicon Valley, having been CFO not only at Facebook, but also at YouTube (where he managed the sale to Google) and Yahoo as well (back when Yahoo actually had money). He was a VC recently and if you look at what he has done and where has been, he should be extremely well connected throughout the entire valley and the whole Bay Area tech scene.

If he can help the Niners tap into his network and convince some Silicon Valley firms to put money into the Niners (sponsorships, technology deals for the new stadium etc.) I think he could have tremendous value for the Niners in all things business related.

How it makes sense for him personally? I don´t know, but he was a Stanford grad and has worked in the Bay Area for a long time, so I would guess he likes it there. I read that he said his last job, being a VC, just was not for him, so he looked elsewhere. His Twitter page also says he is a "Sports and tech fanatic", so I would also guess this is not "just a job" for him, but something he truly loves to do.

Think about it this way: He has been working successfully in tech for some time now and most likely made some truly great money, so technically, he never needs to work again. He wanted to do something different than tech and investing and now gets the opportunity to work for a sports franchise he most likely likes or maybe even is a fan of in a capacity where he feels comfortable (financial deals). I don´t know know about you guys, but I would take that chance in a heartbeat.
"I'm the CEO, b***h!"
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,683
Asians have high expectations. He will do well.