LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Trent Baalke Interview with Media

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Janitor:

@ you for not locking this BS....

Alex's name shouldn't even be mentioned on the zone until he (and God can only help us) is under contract again.
Really fellas, damn, we were pleased with Baalke and Harbaugh. And now that he says something positive about Smith it's like they suck, they dont know better, isnt a proven HC, etc.

I mean really guys, we are starting to do the changing our minds thing soo early.

Wow, and the season hasnt even started yet.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Really fellas, damn, we were pleased with Baalke and Harbaugh. And now that he says something positive about Smith it's like they suck, they dont know better, isnt a proven HC, etc.

I mean really guys, we are starting to do the changing our minds thing soo early.

Seriously. Some people on here act like we're passing up Peyton Manning for Alex Smith or something. Ask most of them for a better solution and I guarantee you that most of them haven't even thought about looking for one.
Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by NinerBoss:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NinerBoss:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by fakers23:
I don't want to bash Baalke yet.. Since it his first year as GM,but why am I getting the McClueless vibe with some of his answers.. Also Alex knows the system? Did Baalke really claim Alex a better fit for the West Coast then a guy like Hassleback?

I'm refering to this on Espn..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest

"Why would the 49ers consider re-signing Alex Smith? Baalke: "There are a lot of reasons. He understands this building. He understands the system that coach is interested in running. They obviously hit it off in their discussions. There is a lot of comfort in having somebody, especially when we are in the situation we are in, where there are so many unknowns. Coach is very comfortable with him. I am very comfortable with him. Will Alex choose to come back here? You will have to get him on the phone and ask him that question. But he is certainly a guy that we would like to throw into the mix." Baalke discounted the suggestion that the 49ers could easily acquire a quarterback familiar with the system coach Jim Harbaugh intends to run."

Saying stuff like if Alex wants to come back its up Alex makes the niners sound like joke of an organization. They should be saying Alex has had his chance for 6 years and its time for him and us to move on.

By offering contract to Alex its an insult to the fan base that has had watch him play the last 6 years, watch the most godawful display of quarterbacking.

I dont understand why you think Baalke is a joke. Thanks to circumstances our options at qb are very limited right now. Getting Smith into training camp is a sensible move, despite your bile. If he fails to win the starting role, very little has been lost. If Harbaugh thinks he may have a shot at making something of him, why not let him try. Right now the option is Carr.

And anyway, you have no idea if Baalke is merely spreading some false ideas, to mislead other teams come draft time.

Mislead them to what ? To thinking that Alex is viable option as an NFL starting QB. Other teams aint that stupid to believe that.

Thank you.. It really sad that this front office refuses to admit it's mistake.. Instead keeps going to the well hoping for another outcome.. We have the dumiest front office in football.. 7 years of the same losing QB now coming.. Geez,way to make your fan base watch.. Now I'm certain we will only win 4 games in 2011..

Yeah, the front office traded their OC`s every year purposely.

Name one NFL qb(just one) who has had a different OC every year of their career and is/was successful.

I`ll be waiting.....

name a first round QB given 7 years to prove himself ?

Answering questions with questions?

First of all it hasnt been 7 years..... he was injured for 2 years and he only started 7 games his rookie year.

He has started 50 games or equal to roughly 3 years. Thats a far cry from 7 years!

What an awful...AWFUL excuse.

Alex Smith apologists are so extremely annoying. Listen dude. He's a 6 year vet, not a 3 year one. You can't just add up all his games and calculate seasons hat way.

Alex has had multiple co-ordinators yes, that sucks....but an OC isn't going to give you balls or make you a leader. An OC isn't going to teach you how to throw an accurate screen pass.

Alex didn't come into the best of situations but what 1st overall pick does. And the fac that he's been given 6-7 years to prove himself should kill any notion that he hasn't gotten a fair shake.

In addition, he's got ANOTHER new OC. So why will this year be different? He finally has a good OC? When he fails....I guess the excuse will be that he had to learn a new playbook this year and had a new OC.

Alex being offered a contract just shows how much of a joke this franchise is. A joke! Alex runs this franchise.

Edit: Shaun Hill has had 5 new OC's in 5 years and outperformed Alex. Jason Campbell has had a new OC since his first year in College and has still outperformed Alex.

I thought Norv was pretty good. Marts and Mccarthey as well. Alex hasn't had scrubs as OC's; he's been coached by proven guys that have shown more success than Harbough... None of them could make it click for Alex.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:

Seriously. Some people on here act like we're passing up Peyton Manning for Alex Smith or something. Ask most of them for a better solution and I guarantee you that most of them haven't even thought about looking for one.

Id take Palmer, Kolb, Bulger, or Hasselbeck Over Smith. I'd be real tempted to look at McNabb, Johnson, or a rookie before Smith as well (but I'd let Smith compete with this 2nd/3rd tier before giving him the boot)...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:

Id take Palmer, Kolb, Bulger, or Hasselbeck Over Smith. I'd be real tempted to look at McNabb, Johnson, or a rookie before Smith as well (but I'd let Smith compete with this 2nd/3rd tier before giving him the boot)...

Palmer - I think he may actually be forced to retire because I don't think the owner's ego will allow him to leave.
Kolb - Asking price is a first-round pick for a guy who performed mediocore with a wealth of talent around him.
Hasselbeck - The guy is too brittle and is one hit away from us watching Carr.
McNaab - He had Shanahan and has proven that he was a product of Andy Reid's system. I liked the guy, too. Alex Smith probably had a better year than hm, also.
A rookie- We can still draft one with Smith here and we wouldn't have to throw him into the fire. We are not going to the Super Bowl with a rookie so if you really think Smith is that bad, what difference would it have made to start a rookie instead?
I have to laugh. When Baalke was basically saying Alex is gone, a select group of people were on his jock...now when he's talking about olive branches, they're saying he's a joke.

Which is it?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I have to laugh. When Baalke was basically saying Alex is gone, a select group of people were on his jock...now when he's talking about olive branches, they're saying he's a joke.

Which is it?

Smith hatred trumps all.

And with that, this thread is getting locked. Yet another devolution.

Share 49ersWebzone