Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NinerBoss:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
lol i really don't care. Middle of the middle passing will suck, redzone will be good if we can get their! But the rookie qb will get time to learn! Like what we should have done with alex. the advantage here, is alex is still young, is solid vet qb in or not in freeagency without trades for other teams! TO GROOM A QB RIGHT!!

You want someone with his terrible track record helping training a rookie.. Shoot,I rather have Bulger for 1 year.. If it all about a rookie learning.. You don't want a rookie picking up Alex terrible habits..

Come on man nobody teaches rolling out to the right and throwing it out of bounds like Alex can.

Running for his life.....

Even when the pocket is stable.

What pocket? Are you serious? We had 3 new starters on the Oline just last year.

That piece of s**t makes everyone worse by holding onto the ball to long. Oline looks worse then it is, WRs get mad and stop running hard because he wont throw it when it needs to be thrown.

Susweel,I'm going to love watching 3 and outs again... Also all those picks.. remeber when he was starting the season and went 0-5 before getting bench.. He lead the league in picks... I think we better prepare for 2011 draft.. If no LUck...How about Barkley?

Yah man looks like we gonna have a serious shot at getting Luck. With Alex playing QB I dont even cheer for them to win because I know in the end it will be heart breaking loss.

Very sad state of affairs in ninerland. Hopefully all this cba s**t get resolved so Alex can go to hell and we can move on but I get the feeling that cancer will stick around another year.

Kind of sad and funny at the same time for me a least.. On one hand I'm a fan of a Laker franchise that would never settle for medicore results.. While on the other hand my favorite football team seems to enjoy it the past 8 years..

Same here Im also a fan of the Lakers. They wouldnt put up with this s**t, the niner used to be the same way back when Mr D owned the team. These f**king Yorks dont give a f**k as long people are showing up at the games. If Jed York was a real owner he would step in and put an end to all the foolish talk. But he aint so it wont happen.

They go out and get the most coveted coaching candidate, lock up our top players(Willis, Davis, etc) throw huge money at FAs but they dont care?

Now I have heard it all..... Well I know who not to listen to on this board now and I thank you for that!

Win some games first before we anoint them.

I praise them for getting the most coveted HC candidate available. No need to wait to give praise.

we do not know how he is as a head coach but he is a proven qb guru in the nfl

Yes we do, see Stanford and SD state. He has HC experience. This isnt nowin or sing we are talking about who had zero HC and game management experience.

Many successful coaches have failed in the NFL so those past triumphs means nothing right now. Hopefully he can turn this around but right now we just dont know.

Well he already has a brother who is a successful NFL coach who doesnt even know the game as well as Jim. I think you are just digging at this point with no basis for your claims other then to just be negative.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lol i really don't care. Middle of the middle passing will suck, redzone will be good if we can get their! But the rookie qb will get time to learn! Like what we should have done with alex. the advantage here, is alex is still young, is solid vet qb in or not in freeagency without trades for other teams! TO GROOM A QB RIGHT!!

You want someone with his terrible track record helping training a rookie.. Shoot,I rather have Bulger for 1 year.. If it all about a rookie learning.. You don't want a rookie picking up Alex terrible habits..

Come on man nobody teaches rolling out to the right and throwing it out of bounds like Alex can.

What pocket? Are you serious? We had 3 new starters on the Oline just last year.

That piece of s**t makes everyone worse by holding onto the ball to long. Oline looks worse then it is, WRs get mad and stop running hard because he wont throw it when it needs to be thrown.

Susweel,I'm going to love watching 3 and outs again... Also all those picks.. remeber when he was starting the season and went 0-5 before getting bench.. He lead the league in picks... I think we better prepare for 2011 draft.. If no LUck...How about Barkley?

Yah man looks like we gonna have a serious shot at getting Luck. With Alex playing QB I dont even cheer for them to win because I know in the end it will be heart breaking loss.

Very sad state of affairs in ninerland. Hopefully all this cba s**t get resolved so Alex can go to hell and we can move on but I get the feeling that cancer will stick around another year.

Kind of sad and funny at the same time for me a least.. On one hand I'm a fan of a Laker franchise that would never settle for medicore results.. While on the other hand my favorite football team seems to enjoy it the past 8 years..

Same here Im also a fan of the Lakers. They wouldnt put up with this s**t, the niner used to be the same way back when Mr D owned the team. These f**king Yorks dont give a f**k as long people are showing up at the games. If Jed York was a real owner he would step in and put an end to all the foolish talk. But he aint so it wont happen.

They go out and get the most coveted coaching candidate, lock up our top players(Willis, Davis, etc) throw huge money at FAs but they dont care?

Now I have heard it all..... Well I know who not to listen to on this board now and I thank you for that!

I praise them for getting the most coveted HC candidate available. No need to wait to give praise.

Yes we do, see Stanford and SD state. He has HC experience. This isnt nowin or sing we are talking about who had zero HC and game management experience.

Many successful coaches have failed in the NFL so those past triumphs means nothing right now. Hopefully he can turn this around but right now we just dont know.

Well he already has a brother who is a successful NFL coach who doesnt even know the game as well as Jim. I think you are just digging at this point with no basis for your claims other then to just be negative.

Im not being negative all Im saying right now we just dont know what kind of coach he will be. Its all the speculation at this point, the signs look positive but nothing certain.

Im not being negative all Im saying right now we just dont know what kind of coach he will be. Its all the speculation at this point, the signs look positive but nothing certain.

well to you he must be the worst coach ever as he wants smith back and already offered him a contract
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

well to you he must be the worst coach ever as he wants smith back and already offered him a contract

Well its certainly not a good way to start off your coaching career.

Maybe we should let an actual coach make that call?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Maybe we should let an actual coach make that call?

Yah I think thats what they are doing. We are just some Joe Shmo's killing time behind a computer screen.
He doesn't matter. Harbaugh is the guy.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
My guess is that Alex will choose to return if we do not spend a first round pick on a QB. If we draft a QB in the first, then Alex will choose to go to another team.
Originally posted by fryet:
My guess is that Alex will choose to return if we do not spend a first round pick on a QB. If we draft a QB in the first, then Alex will choose to go to another team.

were not choosing a qb in the first the niners made that pretty clear (unless we trade back into the 1st)
I think Alex is going to want to go somewhere that will offer more years on a contract and somewhere that he can jump into an offense that has been the same system for quite some time. if no one offers it, than i think he will come back for the one year to the Niners thinking that if he plays well, he will get endorsed by Harbaugh and a longer contract.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
If I didn't know better I would think you all were talking only about Alex smith in this Trent Baalke thread...
Originally posted by Janitor:
If I didn't know better I would think you all were talking only about Alex smith in this Trent Baalke thread...

were talking about if its a good idea or not for baalke to bring him back
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Weird, I haven't seen Trents name in two pages...

lol touche

To pass the Janitor test I shall utter the name: TRENT

That said -- if the Niners draft a QB in any of the firs three rounds -- the QB who shall not be named (yet started some key games last season) will probably see the writing on the wall.

Still -- I don't know what options he'll have. I doubt anyone will be foolish enough to sign him to a long-term deal to be just a "backup."
Share 49ersWebzone