There are 286 users in the forums

Trent Baalke Interview with Media

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by English:
I don't want to bash Baalke yet.. Since it his first year as GM,but why am I getting the McClueless vibe with some of his answers.. Also Alex knows the system? Did Baalke really claim Alex a better fit for the West Coast then a guy like Hassleback?

I'm refering to this on Espn..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest

"Why would the 49ers consider re-signing Alex Smith? Baalke: "There are a lot of reasons. He understands this building. He understands the system that coach is interested in running. They obviously hit it off in their discussions. There is a lot of comfort in having somebody, especially when we are in the situation we are in, where there are so many unknowns. Coach is very comfortable with him. I am very comfortable with him. Will Alex choose to come back here? You will have to get him on the phone and ask him that question. But he is certainly a guy that we would like to throw into the mix." Baalke discounted the suggestion that the 49ers could easily acquire a quarterback familiar with the system coach Jim Harbaugh intends to run."

Saying stuff like if Alex wants to come back its up Alex makes the niners sound like joke of an organization. They should be saying Alex has had his chance for 6 years and its time for him and us to move on.

By offering contract to Alex its an insult to the fan base that has had watch him play the last 6 years, watch the most godawful display of quarterbacking.

I dont understand why you think Baalke is a joke. Thanks to circumstances our options at qb are very limited right now. Getting Smith into training camp is a sensible move, despite your bile. If he fails to win the starting role, very little has been lost. If Harbaugh thinks he may have a shot at making something of him, why not let him try. Right now the option is Carr.

And anyway, you have no idea if Baalke is merely spreading some false ideas, to mislead other teams come draft time.

Mislead them to what ? To thinking that Alex is viable option as an NFL starting QB. Other teams aint that stupid to believe that.

Thank you.. It really sad that this front office refuses to admit it's mistake.. Instead keeps going to the well hoping for another outcome.. We have the dumiest front office in football.. 7 years of the same losing QB now coming.. Geez,way to make your fan base watch.. Now I'm certain we will only win 4 games in 2011..

If Alex comes back no one has said he will be the starting QB. They have repeated over and over that it will be a competition. WE are still gonna drat a QB or 2 and when we have a FA period im sure we will sign another vet to come in.
I don't want to bash Baalke yet.. Since it his first year as GM,but why am I getting the McClueless vibe with some of his answers.. Also Alex knows the system? Did Baalke really claim Alex a better fit for the West Coast then a guy like Hassleback?

"Why would the 49ers consider re-signing Alex Smith? Baalke: "There are a lot of reasons. He understands this building. He understands the system that coach is interested in running. They obviously hit it off in their discussions. There is a lot of comfort in having somebody, especially when we are in the situation we are in, where there are so many unknowns. Coach is very comfortable with him. I am very comfortable with him. Will Alex choose to come back here? You will have to get him on the phone and ask him that question. But he is certainly a guy that we would like to throw into the mix." Baalke discounted the suggestion that the 49ers could easily acquire a quarterback familiar with the system coach Jim Harbaugh intends to run."

Saying stuff like if Alex wants to come back its up Alex makes the niners sound like joke of an organization. They should be saying Alex has had his chance for 6 years and its time for him and us to move on.

By offering contract to Alex its an insult to the fan base that has had watch him play the last 6 years, watch the most godawful display of quarterbacking.

I dont understand why you think Baalke is a joke. Thanks to circumstances our options at qb are very limited right now. Getting Smith into training camp is a sensible move, despite your bile. If he fails to win the starting role, very little has been lost. If Harbaugh thinks he may have a shot at making something of him, why not let him try. Right now the option is Carr.

And anyway, you have no idea if Baalke is merely spreading some false ideas, to mislead other teams come draft time.

Mislead them to what ? To thinking that Alex is viable option as an NFL starting QB. Other teams aint that stupid to believe that.

Thank you.. It really sad that this front office refuses to admit it's mistake.. Instead keeps going to the well hoping for another outcome.. We have the dumiest front office in football.. 7 years of the same losing QB now coming.. Geez,way to make your fan base watch.. Now I'm certain we will only win 4 games in 2011..

Yeah, the front office traded their OC`s every year purposely.

Name one NFL qb(just one) who has had a different OC every year of their career and is/was successful.

I`ll be waiting.....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NinerBoss:

Name one NFL qb(just one) who has had a different OC every year of their career and is/was successful.

I`ll be waiting.....

name a first round QB given 7 years to prove himself ?

I`ll be waiting.....

Name 1 QB that was a number 1 pick that sucked for 6 years that got a 7th with the same team? You can't but most real front offices cut the cord!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Be careful what your doing Jim because when you play with fire you just might get burned. Coach killer is ruthless, the minute things go sour he will throw you under the bus.

The honeymoon will be quick. baleedat

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/20/harbaughs-honeymoon-would-be-stormier-with-alex-smith/
Baalke is a joke as the GM, everybody knows that Harbaugh is the man with the power.

I don't think you actually like the 49ers

I`ll be waiting.....

Answering questions with questions?

First of all it hasnt been 7 years..... he was injured for 2 years and he only started 7 games his rookie year.

He has started 50 games or equal to roughly 3 years. Thats a far cry from 7 years!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Baalke is a joke as the GM, everybody knows that Harbaugh is the man with the power.

I don't think you actually like the 49ers

I love the 49ers, thats the problem it pains me to watch them being ran like this. smh

I`ll be waiting.....

Name 1 QB that was a number 1 pick that sucked for 6 years that got a 7th with the same team? You can't but most real front offices cut the cord!

Exactly, you cant answer the question because QB`s cant succeed in that enviornment, no matter who the QB is! You have alot to learn about this game!

I`ll be waiting.....

lol i really don't care. Middle of the middle passing will suck, redzone will be good if we can get their! But the rookie qb will get time to learn! Like what we should have done with alex. the advantage here, is alex is still young, is solid vet qb in or not in freeagency without trades for other teams! TO GROOM A QB RIGHT!!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
lol i really don't care. Middle of the middle passing will suck, redzone will be good if we can get their! But the rookie qb will get time to learn! Like what we should have done with alex. the advantage here, is alex is still young, is solid vet qb in or not in freeagency without trades for other teams! TO GROOM A QB RIGHT!!

You want someone with his terrible track record helping training a rookie.. Shoot,I rather have Bulger for 1 year.. If it all about a rookie learning.. You don't want a rookie picking up Alex terrible habits..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

You want someone with his terrible track record helping training a rookie.. Shoot,I rather have Bulger for 1 year.. If it all about a rookie learning.. You don't want a rookie picking up Alex terrible habits..

Come on man nobody teaches rolling out to the right and throwing it out of bounds like Alex can.
Actually, if you go back to the original beginnings of the Bill Walsh WCO offense you'll find that it is a ball-control offense that is designed to minimize mistakes made by the QB. Most of the plays in the offense were designed to gain no more than three to four yards.

But by doing this, you put together long, time-consuming drives that emphasize short passes over risky, over the middle or downfield throws. The 49'ers certainly were not lighting up the scoreboard during that 1981 season. There were a number of 14-13 or 17-10 wins. Not a lot of scoring there.

Alex Smith would probably do well in a system like this because it takes a lot of the pressure off the QB.

But you've also got to have a defense that keeps the game close and doesn't give up 4th quarter points, something the 49er D did with Exlax like regularity last season.

Although I literally get ill at the thought of Alex Smith in a 49er uniform next season, this is the offense for him.

Coach Harbaugh seems to think he can win with Alex and he wants him back. Maybe you should listen to a professional and not that uninformed voice in your head?
Share 49ersWebzone