There are 224 users in the forums

Trent Baalke Interview with Media

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.examiner.com/san-francisco-49ers-in-san-francisco/49ers-gm-trent-baalke-holds-lunchtime-q-a-with-the-media

Thought I put it up for those that are interested...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Baalke is a joke as the GM, everybody knows that Harbaugh is the man with the power.
Originally posted by susweel:
Baalke is a joke as the GM, everybody knows that Harbaugh is the man with the power.

I don't want to bash Baalke yet.. Since it his first year as GM,but why am I getting the McClueless vibe with some of his answers.. Also Alex knows the system? Did Baalke really claim Alex a better fit for the West Coast then a guy like Hassleback?

I'm refering to this on Espn..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest

"Why would the 49ers consider re-signing Alex Smith? Baalke: "There are a lot of reasons. He understands this building. He understands the system that coach is interested in running. They obviously hit it off in their discussions. There is a lot of comfort in having somebody, especially when we are in the situation we are in, where there are so many unknowns. Coach is very comfortable with him. I am very comfortable with him. Will Alex choose to come back here? You will have to get him on the phone and ask him that question. But he is certainly a guy that we would like to throw into the mix." Baalke discounted the suggestion that the 49ers could easily acquire a quarterback familiar with the system coach Jim Harbaugh intends to run."
[ Edited by fakers23 on Apr 20, 2011 at 1:39 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fakers23:
I don't want to bash Baalke yet.. Since it his first year as GM,but why am I getting the McClueless vibe with some of his answers.. Also Alex knows the system? Did Baalke really claim Alex a better fit for the West Coast then a guy like Hassleback?

"Why would the 49ers consider re-signing Alex Smith? Baalke: "There are a lot of reasons. He understands this building. He understands the system that coach is interested in running. They obviously hit it off in their discussions. There is a lot of comfort in having somebody, especially when we are in the situation we are in, where there are so many unknowns. Coach is very comfortable with him. I am very comfortable with him. Will Alex choose to come back here? You will have to get him on the phone and ask him that question. But he is certainly a guy that we would like to throw into the mix." Baalke discounted the suggestion that the 49ers could easily acquire a quarterback familiar with the system coach Jim Harbaugh intends to run."

Saying stuff like if Alex wants to come back its up Alex makes the niners sound like joke of an organization. They should be saying Alex has had his chance for 6 years and its time for him and us to move on.

By offering contract to Alex its an insult to the fan base that has had watch him play the last 6 years, watch the most godawful display of quarterbacking.

We ran the WCO when Alex was drafted under OC Mike McCarthy. So Alex has run the WCO before obviously its probably not the same as Harbaughs but thats where i think that quote comes from

I would not say that the guy did a great job last year filling the role in the limited time he had. The big issue was Mike Singletary in his way. I think he will flourish as GM but I will not crown him until after this season is over.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

We ran the WCO when Alex was drafted under OC Mike McCarthy. So Alex has run the WCO before obviously its probably not the same as Harbaughs but thats where i think that quote comes from

yah and we saw how well he performed in that.

Alex can't throw an accurate ball and Baalke has the nerve to claim Smith a better fit for the West Offense then Hassleback or a guy like Kolb.. What is he smoking?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Alex can't throw an accurate ball and Baalke has the nerve to claim Smith a better fit for the West Offense then Hassleback or a guy like Kolb.. What is he smoking?

it is 4/20

He never said that

Saying stuff like if Alex wants to come back its up Alex makes the niners sound like joke of an organization. They should be saying Alex has had his chance for 6 years and its time for him and us to move on.

By offering contract to Alex its an insult to the fan base that has had watch him play the last 6 years, watch the most godawful display of quarterbacking.

I dont understand why you think Baalke is a joke. Thanks to circumstances our options at qb are very limited right now. Getting Smith into training camp is a sensible move, despite your bile. If he fails to win the starting role, very little has been lost. If Harbaugh thinks he may have a shot at making something of him, why not let him try. Right now the option is Carr.

And anyway, you have no idea if Baalke is merely spreading some false ideas, to mislead other teams come draft time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:

I dont understand why you think Baalke is a joke. Thanks to circumstances our options at qb are very limited right now. Getting Smith into training camp is a sensible move, despite your bile. If he fails to win the starting role, very little has been lost. If Harbaugh thinks he may have a shot at making something of him, why not let him try. Right now the option is Carr.

And anyway, you have no idea if Baalke is merely spreading some false ideas, to mislead other teams come draft time.

Mislead them to what ? To thinking that Alex is viable option as an NFL starting QB. Other teams aint that stupid to believe that.

Mislead them to what ? To thinking that Alex is viable option as an NFL starting QB. Other teams aint that stupid to believe that.

Thank you.. It really sad that this front office refuses to admit it's mistake.. Instead keeps going to the well hoping for another outcome.. We have the dumiest front office in football.. 7 years of the same losing QB now coming.. Geez,way to make your fan base watch.. Now I'm certain we will only win 4 games in 2011..

mislead them to think we're good with alex so we wont take a qb early on
Share 49ersWebzone