LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

49ers that you met in public (not at autograph signing, games etc...)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by Janitor:
IWASATTHECATCH will own this thread.

Don't forget about Frick

I dont think stalking the players should count

Those two combined have met more 49ers players than I have just regular people.
I saw Ray McDonald at Red Robbin in Santa Clara his rookie year, but I didn't have the nerve to interrupt his dinner. I met Kentwan Balmer his rookie year. He dropped a bank statement, which had his personal cell on it. I managed to locate him and return it to him and take a picture while I was at it. I met Terry Kirby who was dating my girl's best friend. I met Alex Smith who was sitting with the entire offense line at Pedro's in Santa Clara. T-Mobile store in Santa Clara say Vernon Davis goes in often to pay for his minutes.

Don't forget about Frick

You need to get out more.
Lots of Montana/Rice sightings.

Saw Joe at Towle's Cafe with his family on Burlingame Avenue in the early 90's
and again at an Ice Skating rink in Belmont with his wife around that time. He was watching his kids skate.

Jerry Rice at Hillsdale Mall in San Mateo in the early 2000's XMAS shopping, again at Benihana's in Burlingame two years ago or so, and saw him at Crocker School in Hillsborough back in the early 90's playing tennis.

Roger Craig standing outside Tower Records talking on the phone in San Mateo about 6-7 years ago.

Ronnie Lott was a fixture at W's games for many years and have seen him around the Oakland Coliseum a few times.
Not a single one, but I did meet some of the guys from Journey when I lived in the bay area. Does that count?
Joe Montana, Freddie Solomon, Dwight Clark, Bill Walsh, Keena Turner, Ronnie Lott and later, Jeff Garcia.
Merton Hanks way back in the day,dude was pretty funny!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by pelos21:

Don't forget about Frick

You need to get out more.

I knew I left that joke open, but I didn't care.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I met David Baas at Chili's in Seaside, California back in 2009. He was picking up To-Go food and I remember thinking "That guy is huge....and he kinda looks like David Baas". We talked about Singletary, Crabtree, and Vernon. Oh ya, he also told me that the best feeling in football was running the football down your opponents throat when they could do nothing to stop it. He was really cool and down to earth.

How about you guys? Dont include meeting players at any kinda of event (golf tournament, autorgraphy signing, training camp, charity event, football games).

I live in Pacific Grove. That is awesome that you met him there. I used to go to
church with Bill Walsh. I used to do the peace be with you with. I saw VD at a kanye west concert in SJ.
Met Tom Brady at pebble. Seen Jerry rice at pebble as well.

I'm sorry, but somegthing about that sequence of sentences is funny to me...nothing wrong though.

Haha no worries. I typed it from my phone at work, so very rushed. It actually happened in that sequence now that I think of it.
Being that I'm in NY I've never got to meet a Niner but met guys like Tiki Barber, Michael Strahan, Amani Toomer, etc.

Dwight Clark at Clark's by the Bay right after he retired in maybe 1988, my wife took a picture of us... don't ask me to go digging for it.

Harris Barton on an airplane headed to the Big Island, he was sitting in First Class across the aisle from Kris Kristoferson, who had no clue who H was..

Coincidently ran into Steve Mariucci in Long's in Lahaina, Maui at the tail end of the same trip.. This was right after he took the Lion's job.. I seriously warned him not to draft Charles Rogers. He laughed..
Frank Gore and Bryant Young, both in Santana Row.
Ken Norton Jr. two years ago. I'm at USC and they had a seminar on Black coaches in the NFL and he was one of the speakers. I wanted to go up to him and say how he was my favorite defensive player growing up and that I watched 49ers playbook every sunday at 8:30, I just chickened out though. He was very humble and honest. He definitely wants to be a college HC someday.

P.S. If I ever saw Steve Young in public I would probably throw up, wet myself, and then pass out (not necessarily in that order).
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Haven't met any of them away from stadium or headquarters. Did get to meet pretty much all of them in the players parking lot after a preseason game a couple years back.

Did once meet Bradley Van Pelt (former Bronco) in a night club in Santa Barbara a few years ago. Dude was cool. I was telling him he should cruz up to Santa Clara and try and win the job QB here. At the time we had J.T. O'Sullivan under center so it really wasn't even a stretch.
I met Alex Smith at Nike Town this past christmas shopping season. He was with his girl shopping, I was shocked that nobody recognized him. I waited for him to be alone so I didn't bring attention to him. I just thanked him for what he's been through...if you like him as a QB or not...you have to appreciate what hes done and been through with coaches and injuries.

I met Takeo Spikes at John Foleys Irish bar on O'farrell. He was with a chick who was arguing with him. I felt bad for him, it was the typical argument where the guy is explaining to his chick how dumb the reason behind the argument is. I told him that he needs to return next season because we need him! He said he hopes it works out that way.

I met Steve Young at a MNF game, he was getting ready for his ESPN commentary. He was like, "hey guys" and all of us grown ass men had our mouths open and couldn't speak. It was pretty funny.
Share 49ersWebzone