LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Round 7, #211, the San Francisco 49ers selects Bruce Miller (DL) Central Florida

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I still want to see what he can do as an OLB. Dude was a beast on defense in college. Love that he's with us, and I'm cool with him being a FB, but I hope they let him play some OLB.

Was able to catch a couple of his games on CBSSN, he has the attitude and is athleticness but from allot of his sacks and TFLs were pure effort. He doesnt really stand out with any special pass rush moves, just typically out works the guy in front of him. I'm all for giving him a shot at olb for versatility sake when hes gotten FB down, but he really doesnt stand out as "special" from a passrushing standpoint when watched play after play. He wasnt really playing against amazing competition either on the games shown.

Outworks his opponent? Wins on pure effort? Nothing flashy? Sounds like Justin Smith.

Justin Smith is also an athletic freak; people just notice him for his uncommon effort and relentless drive, because those attributes stand out more than anything else in this league. I'm not convinced that Miller could stand out the same way.
I'm sick of ppl saying "ya gotta give these guys 3 years". ALL of the good teams seem to draft at least one stud every year who is a bonafide starter and contributes to the team. All we ever draft are "projects"! Iupati is the closest player to a legitmate 1st rounder we've had in ages. It took Vernon 2 years to grow up and act like an adult so he could be a pro bowler. Don't get me started on the Balmer, Woods, Crabtree busts we've drafted. Miller looks like like he could be a Darrell Johnston type fullback. I hope he doesn't end up playing like his initials, BM.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
I'm sick of ppl saying "ya gotta give these guys 3 years". ALL of the good teams seem to draft at least one stud every year who is a bonafide starter and contributes to the team. All we ever draft are "projects"! Iupati is the closest player to a legitmate 1st rounder we've had in ages. It took Vernon 2 years to grow up and act like an adult so he could be a pro bowler. Don't get me started on the Balmer, Woods, Crabtree busts we've drafted. Miller looks like like he could be a Darrell Johnston type fullback. I hope he doesn't end up playing like his initials, BM.

Relax. Aldon, Kap, Culliver, Hunter, Kilgore...all look very promising from the get-go. This is a good start to a new era. Let's have some optimism around here..geez.
If Miller can catch better than Norris he would be a lock on the team. Norris has no business on the team any more, especially within Harbaugh's/WestCoast offense. If I'm sounding like I'm hating Norris, I am.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If Miller can catch better than Norris he would be a lock on the team. Norris has no business on the team any more, especially within Harbaugh's/WestCoast offense. If I'm sounding like I'm hating Norris, I am.

• WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

In this case, Haters Should Hate
How much longer do we have to put up with Moran Norris? Bruce Miller can't do any worse.

I'm hoping this guy does something to impress us. I am by no means an NFL scout, but it seems to me, that if you want a fullback, you draft a....

...fullback.

Prove me wrong Trent! Let's go Bruce, destroy some people today!
Maybe we send the Norris era finally end today....dont f**k up kid
Excited to watch the kid play today! Looked good in preseason - very good!

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Excited to watch the kid play today! Looked good in preseason - very good!

same here, ready to see gore get some actual yards today too, maybe he can make a difference
i love how he can catch out of the back field unlike Moran Norris.
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
i love how he can catch out of the back field unlike Moran Norris.

Yeah, he seemed fast too, didn't go out of bounds on that hit and the PUNISHED the DB for trying to tackle him. He finished his play just like what he does when blocking as well. This could end up being one of those conversions that looks very promising!
Touchdown!!! Bruce Miller!!!!

Against Tampa
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM ]
So excited about Bruce Miller. He seems like a quality guy who isn't a flash in the pan and can actually stick. In general I'm happy with the draft as a whole because while a lot of the guys they picked were basically projects, they picked hard-working, high-effort guys with high-ceilings. With an actual, legitimate NFL coaching staff to tutor them, I think we'll see a lot of improvement from guys like Miller. It wasn't meant to be an "immediate impact" draft as the coaching staff understood that these guys were still a couple years away from contending, but I think these guys will really be something to watch in the future.
Share 49ersWebzone