LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Round 6, #182, the San Francisco 49ers selects Ronald Johnson (WR) USC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i hope this doesn't mean we are done with Williams. I think he has a lot of potential, but was hurt for most of the season last year.

Willaims wont be going anywhere, as of now

Crabs
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziggy
Johnson

Ziggy could be t he odd man out

Hope so, don't know what people see in him

the guy has world class hands and could be the best route runner on our team, just is not very fast or quick and is very thinly built

perfect redzone target?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Prediction: Ziggy is odd-man out opening day.

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Johnson, Williams -- barring any injuries -- will be the 5 receivers we go with.

Im thinking Johnson will be looking at the #2 spot pretty soon with Williams in the slot. Ginn can drink water and return punts. Morgan.......?

morgans decent dude i think he had 600-700 yards last year that must be one of the best out of all the #2 WR in the nfl

considering Crabs wasn't doing a lot it wouldn't surprise me, I do know that competition at WR will be very good this year

Injuries usually come into play and reduce competition, but if none are significant I agree with you. Johnson could push Morgan and Crabtree. Maybe Crabtree would even practice during training camp!?

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Johnson, Williams -- barring any injuries -- will be the 5 receivers we go with.

Im thinking Johnson will be looking at the #2 spot pretty soon with Williams in the slot. Ginn can drink water and return punts. Morgan.......?

I never want to see Morgan short arm another long (TD) pass again.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

The good thing is all the WR's will be working with a clean slate and will each have to impress the coaches. The best 3 should be on the field!!
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

The good thing is all the WR's will be working with a clean slate and will each have to impress the coaches. The best 3 should be on the field!!

Crabs and Morgan will be our starters. Crabs because he has the most talent and Morgan is built to be more of a WCO receiver than any other offense we've had. Unless another receiver steps up to lay the lumber in blocking like Morgan does, he ain't going anywhere. They will probably keep Ginn as the other outside option and then Williams and Johnson as our slot options. With 3 TE's, 2 being great receivers as well as Gore and Hunter possibly lining up as WR's too... Ziggy is going home now that his #1 fan is no longer coaching him.
How fast is he because from the highlights, he looks slow. He gets caught from behind after the catch, doesn't create much separation and couldn't turn the corner without getting caught.
Originally posted by Joecool:
How fast is he because from the highlights, he looks slow. He gets caught from behind after the catch, doesn't create much separation and couldn't turn the corner without getting caught.

Samething I noticed. So regardless of his .40 time he's just slow in pads. Good red zone target though.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Samething I noticed. So regardless of his .40 time he's just slow in pads. Good red zone target though.

Looks quicker than fast, which is perfect as long as he knows how to run his ass to the first down marker and get open.

He does look like an amazing route runner and quick in and out of breaks, rarely anyone around him when he catches the ball. Usually means he is getting out of his breaks before the CB's can react and get back into position.
lol

i hope this doesn't mean we are done with Williams. I think he has a lot of potential, but was hurt for most of the season last year.

Crabs
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziggy
Johnson

the guy has world class hands and could be the best route runner on our team, just is not very fast or quick and is very thinly built

Ziggy is toast now that Jerry Sullivan is gone.

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Crabs
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziggy
Johnson

Ziggy is toast now that Jerry Sullivan is gone.

I dont know man, if you take blocking out of the equation, he may be better Morgan. The guy gets open and makes some nice catches.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Looks quicker than fast, which is perfect as long as he knows how to run his ass to the first down marker and get open.

He does look like an amazing route runner and quick in and out of breaks, rarely anyone around him when he catches the ball. Usually means he is getting out of his breaks before the CB's can react and get back into position.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We need some speedy WRs, our WRs dont scare anybody.
Another gunner type for ST!!

Reminds me of Arnaz Battle.
Share 49ersWebzone