LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Round 6, #182, the San Francisco 49ers selects Ronald Johnson (WR) USC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A very good possession WR with speed. Sorta reminds me of Battle since they both are #83.

Josh Morgan has been put on notice.
It says alot about him that his college WR coach would want to go out and get him.
another 1 of mah boys

i bet T Mays is happy to see his old buddy

good pick up in the later rounds this guy can move up on Kyle Williams on the depth chart just like that
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by mayo49:
This guy should be our 3rd Wr. Screw Williams he slow. This guy has got some speed. Maybe down the road he replaces Morgan.

LOL

lol indeed. probably the quickest wr we have on the roster.
Johnson appears in terms of style and size very similar to wrs owusu and baldwin from stanford's team last few years
Love this kid. Plays a lot bigger than his size. Attacks the ball in the air. Harbaugh saw him up close and no doubt had input on this pick.
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Ron-Jon

USC

what's your deal?!

Already has a nickname, Ro-Jo.

when he starts scoring touchdowns, we'll want more of him....so we'll call him MO-JO
Huge USC fan.. Johsnon was one of Barkley's top go to guys.. The guy has tons of talent..
johnnie Morton2 guy looks Good!
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
A very good possession WR with speed. Sorta reminds me of Battle since they both are #83.

I wonder how much weight the current coaching staff puts on blocking? In the Sing regime it was more important than seperation, route running and catching the ball....

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I wonder how much weight the current coaching staff puts on blocking? In the Sing regime it was more important than seperation, route running and catching the ball....

With Sing, defenders would....no, the nightmare is over. I'm trying to forget...

Johnson looked very good in the USC games I saw, seemed under-utilized. Looked fast and open. He will prove to be a very good pick period, not just in this round.

Originally posted by carlgo:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

With Sing, defenders would....no, the nightmare is over. I'm trying to forget...

Johnson looked very good in the USC games I saw, seemed under-utilized. Looked fast and open. He will prove to be a very good pick period, not just in this round.

Aren't we all?!

[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 1, 2011 at 08:46:06 ]
i hope this doesn't mean we are done with Williams. I think he has a lot of potential, but was hurt for most of the season last year.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He's definetily the type of west coast receiver we should be looking for, but I don't know about him.

Very underwhelming college career and he seems like another pick based off of measurables more so than production.

Possibly, possibly not. The reason we chose him is because the current WR coach for the 49ers coached him at USC. Further verifies what I've thought about this draft - the position coaches have had HEAVY input into player selection.

Share 49ersWebzone