LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Round 6, #182, the San Francisco 49ers selects Ronald Johnson (WR) USC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
This is definitely an "I played against him" pick by Harbaugh. I think his experience coaching at the college level is going to pay off more in the later rounds with the traditional "flyers" we see later int he draft.
Originally posted by Oscar:
This is definitely an "I played against him" pick by Harbaugh. I think his experience coaching at the college level is going to pay off more in the later rounds with the traditional "flyers" we see later int he draft.

I hope so. I'll take all the late round diamonds.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Love the pick, he looks like a very polished receiver, I think we got a gem.
  • lyer
  • Veteran
i dont care who is drafted as long as i (we) can look back in 4 years and 75% of the picks are on the team and at least contributing, at most starting and not just taking up space on the roster.
absolutely.
Originally posted by communist:
absolutely.

And our new WR coach was his WR coach at USC. So they know what they're getting.

Watching his highlights he kinda reminds me of Steve Smith (from the Giants) but a little bit faster.

I really wanted Salas or Maehl, but Johnson looks like a similar player.
A bit undersized, but I like
we need to pick like the raiders these last couple picks. speed!!!!
looking at his pro day/combine results i do not like the pick but i have never seeen the guy play so i dont know lol
I like the pick a lot. He is pretty athletic and somewhat fast. Maybe more quick. But he runs real good routes and has real good hands. We could maybe try him in the slot as a 3rd WR. I've seen him play in person and on TV several times and I've always been impressed. He's a player. Where he was picked he is worth that.

just more competition for our current WR's. I like it. Kyle Williams, Zeigler, Morgan and Ginn will all need to step up their game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This guy should be our 3rd Wr. Screw Williams he slow. This guy has got some speed. Maybe down the road he replaces Morgan.
Originally posted by mayo49:
This guy should be our 3rd Wr. Screw Williams he slow. This guy has got some speed. Maybe down the road he replaces Morgan.

LOL
  • World
  • Veteran
Not real productive at USC. Definitely going to give Harbaugh and his positions coach the benefit of the doubt here though since they certainly know what they are getting.
Originally posted by mayo49:

my thinking exactly, he will take Morgans spot.
Share 49ersWebzone