There are 140 users in the forums

Round 5, #163, the San Francisco 49ers select Daniel Kilgore (G) App. State

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If this guy can start in place of Chilo at RG, I think we will be fine this year
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
If this guy can start in place of Chilo at RG, I think we will be fine this year

Honestly he is better than Chilo right now. It's not absurd to see him starting at some point.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Honestly he is better than Chilo right now. It's not absurd to see him starting at some point.

Chilo played really well tonight........ Against 1st stringers.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Kilgore looked very good tonight! He made several key blocks, including the one that sprung Kendall Hunter's 53 yard TD run.

He had a nice reach block on Oman's TD as well. He put a hammerlock on spot on the 53 man tonight IMO.
Really like this kids nasty attitude he takes towards blocking
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Didn't Rachal have a good game tonight?
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Kilgore looked very good tonight! He made several key blocks, including the one that sprung Kendall Hunter's 53 yard TD run.

He had a nice reach block on Oman's TD as well. He put a hammerlock on spot on the 53 man tonight IMO.
Really like this kids nasty attitude he takes towards blocking

Yup, hopefully Rachal and Davis put it all together this year and they can start developing Kilgore as a center . . .
Originally posted by GEEK:
Didn't Rachal have a good game tonight?

Here's Sando's write-up on Chilo's game last night

3. Right guard Chilo Rachal. The 49ers are seeking better consistency from their right guard. They got it during a 16-play drive to open the game. Rachal caught my attention early by peeling off his original man, Richard Seymour, to pick up Tommy Kelly. Rachal's awareness on the third-down play allowed Smith to find Davis for a reception past the first-down marker. Later in the drive, Rachal pulled to the right and impeded Jerome Boyd just long enough for Anthony Dixon to reach the corner for a 12-yard gain on second-and-10. As the drive wound down, Rachal trapped Shaughnessy to free Frank Gore for a 4-yard gain to the 2. On the 49ers' second drive, Rachal strung out Kelly long enough for Dixon to cut back and knife into the secondary for a 9-yard gain. The 49ers ran the ball almost at will and Rachal did his part from what I could tell. His replacement, Tony Wragge, helped spring Kendall Hunter for a 53-yard touchdown run.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/43358/three-things-revisited-49ers-raiders
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

We need to see it consistently. Also, we know he can run block pretty well, it's the consistent pass-blocking we need to see. That's the worry with Chilo.
dude's a beast.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We need to see it consistently. Also, we know he can run block pretty well, it's the consistent pass-blocking we need to see. That's the worry with Chilo.

Exactly! The 9ers were able to run against the Raiders so he looked really good but one game does not a changed career make! And passing downs are the key to his being the long term answer at RG.

Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

Yeah man give Chilo credit where credit's due. The man play stout last night, against a very good Raider D-Line...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Angriest man on the team from day one. That's all people write about this guy, he's fiery, competitive, hard-working and filled with piss and vinegar. Nice to have a few of those guys around.

Yes I just quoted myself, absolutely loved this pick back then and love it even more now.

I think Kilgore has a good shot at being a solid if unspectacular starter or a very good backup, not bad a for a 5th rounder.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2011 at 10:33 AM ]
Everytime I see this kid play, I see a baby Derrick Deese waiting in the wings.
bout time we use low draft picks for good O linemen
We don't need to start Kilgore yet. These types of guys are perfect if our starters try to get more money than we want to pay during contract time. We will always have our developmental players ready to fill in without missing a beat.

If we start Kilgore and he performs as well, then we have Chilo and Kilgore who will be eyeing that starter money. It's not a good financial move if the players are fairly equal in value.
Share 49ersWebzone