There are 229 users in the forums

Round 5, #163, the San Francisco 49ers select Daniel Kilgore (G) App. State

Shop Find 49ers gear online
scrub
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
scrub

Have you seen the guy play or you just doing your hourly insult?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
scrub

I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
scrub

I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
is he a possible chilo replacement or is he depth for heitman and baas

He'll be groomed for center. Heitmann may not make it back from his injuries, and Baas is an UFA, so he could well be gone (although I think the Niners will try to keep him). If Baas does return -- and assuming he plays center -- Kilgore will compete with both Baas and Rachal for playing time.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
NFP Wes Bunting tweets....

Quote:
Can't say I think much of #49ers pick Dan Kilgore as a prospect, but he is the nastiest OL I saw all year, mean son of a gun

The nasty quality makes him sound like Harvey Dahl. A year on the PS could serve him well.

he wont be on the PS
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Only draftee we took that I wanted.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Only draftee we took that I wanted.

you've heard of this guy?
Originally posted by susweel:
Sounds like Kilgore is gonna be the new Tony Wragge.

rather have him replace Rachel, Wragge was solid last year
Dude has a nasty streak then i love that. I have no clue about this dude so it's a wait see approach. I really wanted them to address dl in the 3rd round.

Oh yeah oh yeah!

• Daniel Kilgore, OL, 49ers (5, 163): Another guy who played tackle in college but looks like he’ll slide inside at the NFL level, Kilgore’s close to being a roster lock for the 49ers. The former Appalachian State standout already has risen to the second unit on San Fran’s O-line depth chart, behind Mike Iupati at left guard. Like Pinkston, his versatility will only help going forward.

http://nfl.si.com/2011/08/19/late-draft-gems-already-shining-for-nfl-teams/#more-255?xid=cnnbin
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Oh yeah oh yeah!

• Daniel Kilgore, OL, 49ers (5, 163): Another guy who played tackle in college but looks like he’ll slide inside at the NFL level, Kilgore’s close to being a roster lock for the 49ers. The former Appalachian State standout already has risen to the second unit on San Fran’s O-line depth chart, behind Mike Iupati at left guard. Like Pinkston, his versatility will only help going forward.

http://nfl.si.com/2011/08/19/late-draft-gems-already-shining-for-nfl-teams/#more-255?xid=cnnbin

Dahl 2.0, we need some nastiness. Too bad he isnt going RG, though its understandable with Rachel and Snyder already competing for that spot... Iupati, Goodwin, Kilgore (if he eventually proves himself to be starter caliber)... a potential interior with some attitude. We need it, after losing Baas.
Kilgore looked very good tonight! He made several key blocks, including the one that sprung Kendall Hunter's 53 yard TD run.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Kilgore looked very good tonight! He made several key blocks, including the one that sprung Kendall Hunter's 53 yard TD run.

Yes.. i saw it.. Good Job Kilgore!!
Originally posted by PTulini:

He had a nice reach block on Oman's TD as well. He put a hammerlock on spot on the 53 man tonight IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone