There are 245 users in the forums

Round 5, #163, the San Francisco 49ers select Daniel Kilgore (G) App. State

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Angriest man on the team from day one. That's all people write about this guy, he's fiery, competitive, hard-working and filled with piss and vinegar. Nice to have a few of those guys around.

Sounds like Harvey Dahl.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Coach this kid up Solari. We drafting for the future. Not just for next season.

our draft seems to be heavy on projects. I'm not sure if that is confidence/arrogance by the coaching staff, or a reflection of this draft and the labor situation in general...

That's not a judgment--I don't follow college football closely enough to have a strong opinion about guys in the late rounds of the draft--just kind of an observation. you can't really judge a draft on draft day, especially with a new staff and a new GM. But I think you're right. I think this draft is showing a "long view" of the team. They must be confident that they can win now with what we have.

I agree. I think they are picking alot of guys that are maybe jus a tiny step below guys that are available, but have the potential to be way better. They are definitetly taking high ceiling guys. I don't mind that. Shows they're confident they can coach these kids and get their potential to come out.

I have faith that they can do it too...for now.

I was already excited to see the Harbaugh regime but this draft actually makes me even more excited, because I want to see if he, and his staff, are as good as they think they are.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's the new Tony Wragge.
Originally posted by susweel:

our draft seems to be heavy on projects. I'm not sure if that is confidence/arrogance by the coaching staff, or a reflection of this draft and the labor situation in general...

That's not a judgment--I don't follow college football closely enough to have a strong opinion about guys in the late rounds of the draft--just kind of an observation. you can't really judge a draft on draft day, especially with a new staff and a new GM. But I think you're right. I think this draft is showing a "long view" of the team. They must be confident that they can win now with what we have.

I agree. I think they are picking alot of guys that are maybe jus a tiny step below guys that are available, but have the potential to be way better. They are definitetly taking high ceiling guys. I don't mind that. Shows they're confident they can coach these kids and get their potential to come out.

I have faith that they can do it too...for now.

I was already excited to see the Harbaugh regime but this draft actually makes me even more excited, because I want to see if he, and his staff, are as good as they think they are.

Amen brother.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

My thoughts exactly. I mean, everyone thought we were gonna win the NFC west before last season started. But obviously, our coaching was the weakest link.

definitely. We all know we were a few mismanaged games away from the playoffs, and that, in theory, is a problem that should be solved. I have confidence that the team will be prepared to win games, the question will be do we have "the horses"? Barring a few free agent signings, we have to accept that the coaches believe we do have the horses, because we won't see much impact out of this draft class this season, IMO, except maybe from Aldon (I hope).
kilgore?? frank better watch out for this guy.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Seems like a cool dude

he's a hick. when he plays he's an angry hick. i love it.

Jeremy Newberry 2.0

Originally posted by Snider8706:

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:

Hopefully he's the new Fred Quillan . . . who was a 175th overall pick and anchored the OL at center for nine years. 2 pro-bowls, 2 rings.

You funny man...

I'll bet Solari has that one in his back pocket for training camp . . . "keep blocking like that and you WILL kill gore"
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Please don't kill Gore
Originally posted by NickSh49:

You funny man...

thanks
This pick was all attitude...

"Mauler that blocks through the whistle and can block more than one defender on one play. Plays with a chip on his shoulder and can get under defenders' skin. Didn't back down from challenge of playing at Florida senior year. Plays with the same intensity regardless of the score."

Good Bye Chilo!

He played tackle late in his college career but his talent seems to be fit at right guard where he played his first two years.

The main knocks on him were that he wasn't consistent against edge rushers... not the biggest problem as a guard. Also he leans on people which is is coachable.

If he's already talking to our line coach for 2.5 hours, there's a good chance he was hand picked as a late rounder for our line coaches to play with..
Share 49ersWebzone