LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For those with any questions about Hunter, take a look at his game against Nebraska last year. He personally ripped them to shreds.

Great pick.

Why do you think he and other RBs fell so far in this draft?

1.) The RB position is just devalued in today's pass-first game
2.) Hunter specifically isn't looked at as a 3-down back; more of a change of pace guy (less value)

We need a change of pace, shifty, fast back. I love the pick.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
For those with any questions about Hunter, take a look at his game against Nebraska last year. He personally ripped them to shreds.

Great pick.

2.) Hunter specifically isn't looked at as a 3-down back; more of a change of pace guy (less value)

your wife is putting something in your water, you are never this happy about the 9ers

Originally posted by jreff22:

Great pick.

your wife is putting something in your water, you are never this happy about the 9ers

No kidding...someone killed SD and replaced him with a softer, more cuddly poster.

Regarding Hunter, he's essentially a faster version of Frank Gore...so I think he can be more than just a change of pace back. IMO, he's got the talent to be a front-line RB.
Absolutely thrilled with this pick.

His small stature will allow him to disappear from sight behind Iupati and Davis.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Coach Harbaugh says in his post draft interview that Hunter will also be returning kicks

What about Ted Ginn? I thought Culliver was supposed to be a decent returner too. Whatever.

Baalke was clearly not happy with our return game last year. At least 3 of our draft picks have return experience. I'm sure that's not a coincidence.

Honestly, this is what I wanted them to do last year. Our return game has been so bad that last year every WR, RB, and DB I had in my mock was also a returner. And even though I thougth Ginn improved things, I was still upset that we had so few options. Now we have:

Ginn
Williams
Adams
Hunter
Culliver
Johnson

Am I missing anyone?
hunter doesnt like to go bass fishing, i hope
Originally posted by hofer36:
hunter doesnt like to go bass fishing, i hope

yeah and i hope he doesn't sag his pants when he goes to the mall

can't believe dude is a buck 99

• mike
  • Veteran
I like the shifty style he's got, not really relying on straight line speed but tricking guys out.

Did someone say he's gotta gain 50 pounds? Gore's only 207 pounds and Hunter's even shorter. He could get leaner/even more cut, and gain maybe 5 pounds and be fine at his height.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Great pick.

No kidding...someone killed SD and replaced him with a softer, more cuddly poster.

Regarding Hunter, he's essentially a faster version of Frank Gore...so I think he can be more than just a change of pace back. IMO, he's got the talent to be a front-line RB.

They list him at 5'8", only an inch shorter than Frank. Remember, Rice and Jones Drew where considered too small to be starters. Also, Barry Sanders was a smurf and had no problem being a starter. If you can play, you can play.

[ Edited by mayo49 on May 1, 2011 at 05:03:27 ]
Originally posted by mike:
I like the shifty style he's got, not really relying on straight line speed but tricking guys out.

Did someone say he's gotta gain 50 pounds? Gore's only 207 pounds and Hunter's even shorter. He could get leaner/even more cut, and gain maybe 5 pounds and be fine at his height.

Hunter is 200lbs, at 5'7. He doesn't need to gain any weight. He is a pinball.
Watching his YouTube videos he looks like gore when he runs. A faster version of gore but still
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I like this pick a lot. Excellent value in the 4th, was arguably BPA and fills a major need.
Share 49ersWebzone