LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Coach Harbaugh says in his post draft interview that Hunter will also be returning kicks

What about Ted Ginn? I thought Culliver was supposed to be a decent returner too. Whatever.

May the best man win the job.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Coach Harbaugh says in his post draft interview that Hunter will also be returning kicks

Maybe wants to use him more for the WR duty's rather than strictly KR's

http://www.ramsrule.com/herd/read.php?5,134734,134734#msg-134734
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

me likey
Originally posted by NickV:

Maybe wants to use him more for the WR duty's rather than strictly KR's

good our kick returns last year were horrid

our PR were excelent though (thanks to ginn)

with the addition of seeley as well we have the potential to be a top ST team
HALLELUJAH

I am very happy about this pick. Watched this guy run all ove rthe big12 -- he was never a superstar, but he just made things happen.
Solid pick!
Great value in the 4th
Originally posted by Jd925:
Steal at round 4. Should have been picked higher. My favorite running back in the draft. He'll be among the top fantasy running backs among a few others in this draft who have different styles. Hunter reminds me of MJD, Ray Rice, Barry Sanders because of his compact, tough running style and shiftiness.

One of the most productive runners in college. Third behind Nevada's Vai Taua and Noel Devine with 4,181 career yds with a very impressive 5.91 yds/carry. Only concern was a lot of run plays were off delays/draws

Good hands and blocking according to the Senior Bowl.

Grade A+.

Number 75 on his team was a beast on some of those plays.
For those with any questions about Hunter, take a look at his game against Nebraska last year. He personally ripped them to shreds.

Great pick.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Haha... The Rams fans still wanna Kendall Hunter?... Now Kendall Hunter is the 49ers!! Whoooo.....
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

What about Ted Ginn? I thought Culliver was supposed to be a decent returner too. Whatever.

ginn was only just below average returning kicks he was top 3 in returning punts he will be our new KR ginn is our PR
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
For those with any questions about Hunter, take a look at his game against Nebraska last year. He personally ripped them to shreds.

Great pick.

Why do you think he and other RBs fell so far in this draft?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Change of pace back that we needed.

Gore = McGahee (obviously Gore's better though)
Dixon = McClain
Hunter = Rice

our first four picks are beast athletes
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Great pick.

Why do you think he and other RBs fell so far in this draft?

1.) The RB position is just devalued in today's pass-first game
2.) Hunter specifically isn't looked at as a 3-down back; more of a change of pace guy (less value)
Share 49ersWebzone