There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This'll be an interesting storyline going into training camp. -Gore is probably upset right now (as he was with Sing when Sing/Baalke had drafted A.Davis); and right now Gore cannot communicat with Harbaugh directly to talk to Jim about this 'pick'.

If Gore cries every time the 49ers try to put some competition on the team, he needs to man-up or get off the team. He's going into the last year of his contract, has been injured the previous 4 seasons and is not getting any younger, he would be an idiot if he didn't expect the 49ers to get some insurance, especially since Harbaugh runs a run-focused version of the West Coast Offense.

I do not see Hunter taking over Gore's spot right now. Running back is always a position you need depth at. 49ers were projected to take a back in the middle rounds anyways.


First we draft Hunter.....Now they just drafted Daniel KILGORE.....send a message for Frank to watch his back
Originally posted by WINiner:
This guy didn't fumble the ball even once in 4 seasons and 700+ attempts. Very impressive.
College stats

Actually college always messes up rumble stats they said on espn that he had a major fumbling problem and he had like 10 fumbles
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This guy didn't fumble the ball even once in 4 seasons and 700+ attempts. Very impressive.
College stats

Actually college always messes up rumble stats they said on espn that he had a major fumbling problem and he had like 10 fumbles

i heard this also
Will have to visit youtube more than once to see his highlights.
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This'll be an interesting storyline going into training camp. -Gore is probably upset right now (as he was with Sing when Sing/Baalke had drafted A.Davis); and right now Gore cannot communicat with Harbaugh directly to talk to Jim about this 'pick'.

If Gore cries every time the 49ers try to put some competition on the team, he needs to man-up or get off the team. He's going into the last year of his contract, has been injured the previous 4 seasons and is not getting any younger, he would be an idiot if he didn't expect the 49ers to get some insurance, especially since Harbaugh runs a run-focused version of the West Coast Offense.

I do not see Hunter taking over Gore's spot right now. Running back is always a position you need depth at. 49ers were projected to take a back in the middle rounds anyways.


First we draft Hunter.....Now they just drafted Daniel KILGORE.....send a message for Frank to watch his back

I hope Daniel can play center.


[ Edited by keeferr75 on Apr 30, 2011 at 13:32:03 ]
I like this pick a lot. He is quick and fast and shifty. He runs between the tackles better than you would expect. The production and speed are definitely there. He is just small. But he can be a change of pace speedy, shifty type of back. And we need that. I like the pick.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I like this pick a lot. He is quick and fast and shifty. He runs between the tackles better than you would expect. The production and speed are definitely there. He is just small. But he can be a change of pace speedy, shifty type of back. And we need that. I like the pick.


He reminds me alot of Gore actually but we need to see how he can pick up the blitz and catch coming out the back field.
this is a great pick if harbaugh is smart and lets dixon run how he wants to run instead of forcing him downhill like sing did we could have two shifty fast backs. dixon's got wheels too, our backfield looks very good now, if our line can do their jobs *cough* chilo *cough* we should have a great running game
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,116
Steal at round 4. Should have been picked higher. My favorite running back in the draft. He'll be among the top fantasy running backs among a few others in this draft who have different styles. Hunter reminds me of MJD, Ray Rice, Barry Sanders because of his compact, tough running style and shiftiness.

One of the most productive runners in college. Third behind Nevada's Vai Taua and Noel Devine with 4,181 career yds with a very impressive 5.91 yds/carry. Only concern was a lot of run plays were off delays/draws

Good hands and blocking according to the Senior Bowl.

Grade A+.

Such a steal, very excited to see him play.
  • World
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 36
No doubt, my favorite pick of the draft. I like the Aldon Smith pick, but this one just screams steal to me. Honestly, I could see Dixon being relegated to goaline duty with Hunter being the "backup" to Gore. LOVE this pick.
Coach Harbaugh says in his post draft interview that Hunter will also be returning kicks
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Coach Harbaugh says in his post draft interview that Hunter will also be returning kicks

What about Ted Ginn? I thought Culliver was supposed to be a decent returner too. Whatever.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I like this pick a lot. He is quick and fast and shifty. He runs between the tackles better than you would expect. The production and speed are definitely there. He is just small. But he can be a change of pace speedy, shifty type of back. And we need that. I like the pick.


Agree. This way a great & exciting pick