There are 429 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
The guy does have fumbling issues.

i dont see how 10 total fumbles out of 771 touches in his career equates to fumbling issues

Yeah, that's incredibly high for a RB, especially one that plays CFB. Fumbling in football for a RB should be much rarer that a Qb throwing an interception. http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/27350/spotlight-on-ball-security-for-rb-prospects

Quote:
ESPN Stats & Information broke down the fumble numbers from the top 12 running back prospects in this year's draft class. The chart pertained to all touches, not just rush attempts.

Jacquizz Rodgers from Oregon State and Mikel Leshoure from Illinois had zero fumbles last year. Leshoure never fumbled in his career. Rodgers fumbled once.

Alabama star Mark Ingram, considered the best back in the draft, fumbled once last year and three times total.

Kansas State running back Daniel Thomas raised a red flag with seven fumbles last year and 11 for his career. Oklahoma State running back Kendall Hunter fumbled twice last year, but 10 times in his career.

Pitt running back Dion Lewis fumbled nine times on 596 career touches, another bad percentage.

i think that's being a bit overboard, never fumbling, or even fumbling once or twice is pretty freaking stellar for a position that both touches the ball most and gets hit the most...fumbling once every 77 touches, while not impressive by any means doesn't really seem to be as big a deal as some people would try to make it out to be. he'll need to work on ball security for the pro's, but thats a given.
My favorite pick so far. The guy can actually play. Sure he doesnt have prototypical size but he is a good player.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Guy reminds me of Ray Rice, in every way. Size, speed, elusive-ankles.

This guy is quick, and mufti-dimensional, would be an ideal WCO-HB.

There you go. That's it. Everyone kept saying Gore, but I knew it was someone else.

I hope Harbaugh can use this guy as a weapon the way the Ravens use Rice. How are his hands and abilities in the passing game?

Funny thing is, i just showed highlights of this dude to my cousin, and right away, my cousin says "That dude looks like Ray Rice out there"
Originally posted by MaliCali:
The guy does have fumbling issues.

i dont see how 10 total fumbles out of 771 touches in his career equates to fumbling issues

Is anyone here even happy with this team? All I see here now is trade Gore, Crabtree's overrated, Anthony Davis is a bust, Goldson, Clements sucks, Bowman is not a good LB, ect....If you dont like the team or the moves they make, there's 31 other teams to choose from.

As far as the pick, I like it. Guy looks like a playmaker, and Gore's going to have to take some plays off this season as much as he hates it.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Yesssss!! I need a guy that great a short size and need gains his weight about 15 or 20 pounds make him a strong to run heavy.. Thank you for the 49ers draft to him and big steal for us!! i am happy!!

Did anyone hear his conference call? He called Gore a pro bowl fullback lulz.
FUTURE
Another pick that fits well with what they plan to do. They needed a change of pace guy and Hunter looks perfect for that position. A smaller, incredibly quick and shifty guy to compliment Gore and Dixon.

I like this draft. Everybody they've gotten so far fits in.
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Is anyone here even happy with this team? All I see here now is trade Gore, Crabtree's overrated, Anthony Davis is a bust, Goldson, Clements sucks, Bowman is not a good LB, ect....If you dont like the team or the moves they make, there's 31 other teams to choose from.

As far as the pick, I like it. Guy looks like a playmaker, and Gore's going to have to take some plays off this season as much as he hates it.

i was surprised we took Culliver over Johnny Patrick in the 3rd, but still like the pick, and have been happy with every pick we've made :)

i actually thought we'd target hunter in the 2nd and was pretty bummed when we didnt, and of course had to send out some brag texts following this pick

[ Edited by MaliCali on Apr 30, 2011 at 11:38:06 ]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/01/27/senior-bowl-risers-sliders/index.html

Quote:
Hunter is considered one of the better third-down backs in April's draft and proved as much in Mobile. He's undersized (5-7, 199 pounds) yet amazingly elusive and tough to catch. Hunter slipped away from defenders all week, showing the ability to create yardage when none seemed available. He was proficient as a receiver out of the backfield and threw his body around the field in blocking drills. He is justifiably compared to Jahvid Best, the first round pick of the Detroit Lions last April. Hunter will hear his name called slightly later then Best, most likely during the opening selections of round two.
Change of pace back that we needed.

Gore = McGahee (obviously Gore's better though)
Dixon = McClain
Hunter = Rice
http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/08/11/49ers-to-visit-with-change-of-pace-RB-Hu/landing_niners.html?full_args=04/08/11/49ers-to-visit-with-change-of-pace-RB-Hu/landing_niners&blockID=500138&feedID=5936

Quote:
"He's not real big and some teams may question his durability, but if he's healthy and on the field, he's going to be an eye-catching difference-maker," former NFL scout Dave Razzano said.

"He's better than the guy the Chiefs took last year (Dexter McCluster). You can have this guy in on some first-down packages. He can run between the tackles, and he's so elusive in the open field."
This'll be an interesting storyline going into training camp. -Gore is probably upset right now (as he was with Sing when Sing/Baalke had drafted A.Davis); and right now Gore cannot communicat with Harbaugh directly to talk to Jim about this 'pick'.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I don't like when they show the same play more than once in a video, but at a different angle. To me, that's like they didn't have enough footage to make a highlight video or something.

They do that in most of Gore's highlight videos, and he has way more than enough footage to make a highlight video. Sometimes the video creators just like those particular plays more than others for whatever reason.

If they cut to a different angle of the same play during that exact play, then I could see them doing that for continuity purposes. But they didn't so you're right.
Share 49ersWebzone