There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
did we finally get our quick, change of pace, Chris Johnson-esque running back???

edit: just watched the vid. It's a no. He reminds me of a quicker frank gore.

He is not straight-line fast.
Nice work!
Good pick, I wanted the niners to draft this guy. Finally some play makers.......
You watch the clips, KH squeezes just about everything that can be gotten out of each run. The scouting report on the main page states that the first defender can bring him down, but I think that's bogus, he breaks lots of tackles. He may wind up being the best 49er pick in this draft, IMO. Hopefully I'm, as usual, wrong about that.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I know a lot of people on this board wanted Taiwan Jones. Is Hunter a better prospect them him?

Yes.

Speaking of Taiwon Jones, the raiders just picked him.
Guy reminds me of Ray Rice, in every way. Size, speed, elusive-ankles.

This guy is quick, and mufti-dimensional, would be an ideal WCO-HB.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 30, 2011 at 10:35:13 ]
I like this pick, give us serious depth in the backfield.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Guy reminds me of Ray Rice, in every way. Size, speed, elusive-ankles.

This guy is quick, and mufti-dimensional, would be an ideal WCO-HB.

There you go. That's it. Everyone kept saying Gore, but I knew it was someone else.

I hope Harbaugh can use this guy as a weapon the way the Ravens use Rice. How are his hands and abilities in the passing game?
Kiper had him ranked as his 2nd best available player at the start of the 4th round.

my Pro Football Weekly draft magazine has him ranked as the 2nd best RB in the draft :)
Originally posted by DesiDez:
The guy does have fumbling issues.

i dont see how 10 total fumbles out of 771 touches in his career equates to fumbling issues
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by Dapro:
Who is this guy? Never heard of him.

Hopefully he'll be good in real games and not another pre-season warrior.

Yeah, we have a history of making pre-season RBs look like the next Barry Sanders, just take a look at the list!

1. Anthony Dixon
2. Glen Coffee
3. Kory Sheets
4. Thomas Clayton

I don't even know what to make of it.

-9fA

I think that all it means is that the coaching staff didn't give enough opportunities to these guys during the regular season. I really hope that Hunter can be the guy that really spells Gore.

I disagree. It's not like any of those guys did anything noteworthy during the time that they were on the field. None of those runners resembled anything like their preseason self when stepped onto the field in the regular season - remember how Coffee looked when Gore went down?

Furthermore, it's also obvious that not too many other teams thought much of their preseason performance either or they would be receiving extensive playing time.

-9fA
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Hunter was this mornings "Best RB on the board" by Wes Bunting in NFP. Good pick up, IMO.
Hopefully he contributes, and doesn't turn out to be another preseason record setter only.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
The guy does have fumbling issues.

i dont see how 10 total fumbles out of 771 touches in his career equates to fumbling issues

Yeah, that's incredibly high for a RB, especially one that plays CFB. Fumbling in football for a RB should be much rarer that a Qb throwing an interception. http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/27350/spotlight-on-ball-security-for-rb-prospects

Quote:
ESPN Stats & Information broke down the fumble numbers from the top 12 running back prospects in this year's draft class. The chart pertained to all touches, not just rush attempts.

Jacquizz Rodgers from Oregon State and Mikel Leshoure from Illinois had zero fumbles last year. Leshoure never fumbled in his career. Rodgers fumbled once.

Alabama star Mark Ingram, considered the best back in the draft, fumbled once last year and three times total.

Kansas State running back Daniel Thomas raised a red flag with seven fumbles last year and 11 for his career. Oklahoma State running back Kendall Hunter fumbled twice last year, but 10 times in his career.

Pitt running back Dion Lewis fumbled nine times on 596 career touches, another bad percentage.
great pick, you can never have too many good rb's, today in the nfl the trend is running back by comittee, three fresh rb's that can rotate in and out and not skip a beat, plus more rb's means less wear and tear on gore and extend his career. im pumped!