LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I wanted Quizz....oh well.

me too

but not sure if he could handle the hits in the nfl
Originally posted by Dapro:
Who is this guy? Never heard of him.

Everything you need to know about Kendall Hunter can be found here
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Solid good value pick. With pro-level training and coaching he'll be a real contributor.

I know he is a very capable runner - I'm not sure how well he can block or catch. If anyone has seen enough of him to comment - please do.

Good receiver, capable blocker but needs some work in that area. He's ready to play from Day 1 though, so an expected instant contributor.

http://www.mockdraftclub.com/position-rankings/kendall-hunter-profile
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Only thing I know about this guy so fair is he plays for OKC and short. Next Barry Sanders?
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Hopefully he'll be good in real games and not another pre-season warrior.

Yeah, we have a history of making pre-season RBs look like the next Barry Sanders, just take a look at the list!

1. Anthony Dixon
2. Glen Coffee
3. Kory Sheets
4. Thomas Clayton

I don't even know what to make of it.

-9fA
Nice pick. Had been hearing great things about him on this board for a long time.

Lets hope he's the last RB we draft for a loooong time. We've now drafted one 3 straight years. I hope Dixon is now gonna be more of a FB, do it all sort of player, and that Hunter and Gore will be the main backs.
Well we just replaced Westbrook....put #20 on Hunter and we won't know the difference... good pick...
Quote:
03/15/11 - Oklahoma State Pro day: Might the NFL have found the next Darren Sproles? It’s possible. Oklahoma State RB Kendall Hunter, who measured at 5-foot-7 and 200 pounds, had a pretty good performance at the Cowboys’ pro day Wednesday, working out on FieldTurf outdoors in front of representative from 20 teams. Still, some might knock him for not making drastic improvements in his 40-yard dash from the NFL Scouting Combine. He ran 4.53 seconds in the 40 in Indy, but on his home turf stayed relatively the same, running 4.52 with the wind and 4.58 against it. “I did pretty good overall at the combine, but I wanted to knock the 40 time down because I knew I could do better than what I did, so I came here and ran it,” Hunter said. “I feel like I ran pretty well.” Regardless of 40, I think this kid is a nice change-of-pace option at the next level. He showed a lot of quickness in position drills. He’s a quick lightning bug guy, and I think he’s a perfect fit in today’s multiple-back system NFL. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Not straight-line fast, but shifty with good vision.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 30, 2011 at 10:12:41 ]
He had an issue with fumbles, but that can be fixed. He also had durability concerns. Sounds like another Frank Gore, but not as good out of the backfield and definitely not as good blocking, though not many are anywhere near Gore's level when it comes to blocking and blitz pick up - pro or not.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
is this guy any good? any video?

just watched his highlight video and he looks like frank gore when running with the football, i like the pick already.
SOLID!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81ea55ce/2011-combine-workout-Kendall-Hunter
Originally posted by jrg:
is this guy any good? any video?

Found this one. I dunno anything about the guy either. Nice video, but I don't like when they show the same play more than once in a video, but at a different angle. To me, that's like they didn't have enough footage to make a highlight video or something.

I hope he's good though.

• dald1
  • Veteran
love this pick...best pick so far value wise
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Hopefully he'll be good in real games and not another pre-season warrior.

Yeah, we have a history of making pre-season RBs look like the next Barry Sanders, just take a look at the list!

1. Anthony Dixon
2. Glen Coffee
3. Kory Sheets
4. Thomas Clayton

I don't even know what to make of it.

-9fA

I think that all it means is that the coaching staff didn't give enough opportunities to these guys during the regular season. I really hope that Hunter can be the guy that really spells Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone