LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looks like Frank Gore won't be getting that contract extension. I hope he can at least become the all-time 49ers leading rusher this season.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by area49:
Looks like Frank Gore won't be getting that contract extension. I hope he can at least become the all-time 49ers leading rusher this season.

what makes you say that? one preseason game?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I think Hunter he has the inside track, to become Franks' sucessor, over Dixon. Hunter just has the "it", factor.
You gotta love the way Hunter hits the whole with urgency. No tap dancing, just one cut and go. I hope Hunter is the #2 back for the season. Nothing against Dixon he has some skills, but it's clear Hunter is the better player.

I LOVE the fact that we saw a bunch of zone-blocking schemes in our ground attack! I had a feeling we would incorporate some zone since all of our lineman lost a ton of weight during the offseason to be more agile. Seeing our big guys chop block the defense into oblivion brought back some good memories.
Hunter is waaaay better than Dixon.

Dixon, and not just by comparison, looks S-L-O-W at getting to the hole. In fact, in terms of spotting the opening and getting to it, I thought that even #33 Omon looks better.

It'll be interesting to see how the coaches adjust the depth chart rankings. I will lose respect for them if they maintain Dixon at #2.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
lil beast
Come against me
that's a no no
Yo, cause I'm little beast
Originally posted by modninerfan:

One run in one preseason game
Originally posted by SofaKing:
You gotta love the way Hunter hits the whole with urgency. No tap dancing, just one cut and go. I hope Hunter is the #2 back for the season. Nothing against Dixon he has some skills, but it's clear Hunter is the better player. I LOVE the fact that we saw a bunch of zone-blocking schemes in our ground attack! I had a feeling we would incorporate some zone since all of our lineman lost a ton of weight during the offseason to be more agile. Seeing our big guys chop block the defense into oblivion brought back some good memories.
I really like the way Hunter hits the hole and has the change of pace we need in the backfield. Hope he overtakes Dixon on depth chart too
Originally posted by cwilson830:

lol.

I think the team will still offer Frank an extension--a reasonable one. And they should. As well as Hunter as played, and as much as he should get the ball some during the season, this team would be insane to go into next year with Hunter as the starter and Dixon as his backup.
And this year's Kory Sheets award goes to...

Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol.

I think the team will still offer Frank an extension--a reasonable one. And they should. As well as Hunter as played, and as much as he should get the ball some during the season, this team would be insane to go into next year with Hunter as the starter and Dixon as his backup.

Totally agree with you here. We extend him and we have a top RB for a few more years, or if Hunter turns out to be the real deal, we could trade Gore and get some value.

Either way we should definitely extend Gore's contract!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
And this year's Kory Sheets award goes to...

Except this time around, Hunter will make the team.
Originally posted by kunged:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol.

Totally agree with you here. We extend him and we have a top RB for a few more years, or if Hunter turns out to be the real deal, we could trade Gore and get some value.

Either way we should definitely extend Gore's contract!

If this were regular season, Theseguys wouldn't be able to hold up to Gore...preseason is a different speed vs backups. Imagine what gore would do to those backups.

Either way, we don lose anything if we cut Dixon and keep Omon who showed better vision and pop through the hole.
Hunter does have the "it" factor. Some of you guys are comparing him to Kory Sheets, Sheets never hit the hole like Hunter has and Hunter has a quicker 1 cut and go. Hunter reminds me of what I saw from Gore a bit his first year, Hunter is a little smaller but hes tough to bring down and hits the hole hard and tends to find day light!! Dixon runs well in space but he has below average speed and likes to dance around the line of scrimmage..
Gore still needs to be here until he proves otherwise but Lil Beast should definitely be the top backup, dixon and omon are gonna duke it out for that last spot
Share 49ersWebzone