LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by PTulini:

Nice comparison to Westbrook. So we basically lose Westbrook, and get him back

hell yea! A younger, less injured version!

Exactly!!
  • Tman
  • Veteran

this guy looks built like a rock
guess having rathman run the RB drills helped
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by 49erWill:

WOW

Dude has that bell cow build.

Looks like a mini Thomas Jones.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Frank Gore's replacement.
Originally posted by susweel:

Smells like it, huh? They will a few years together... but let's say Kendall Hunter is just an animal.. When Frank Gore's contract is up I dunno if we make a huge push to re-sign at a high tender.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:

this guy looks built like a rock

At 5'7" 200lbs, he better be.

unreplaceable

[
Baby Ray Rice.

Originally posted by niner4life21:
so what does this mean for WZ favorite Big Dixon?

Dixon is mucho overrated. Most of the times he ran with the ball in the regular season, he either danced too much or got 1-2 yards. Put him at fullback.

I agree with that, it also seems like a waste to change a productive OLB in Bruce Miller to learn to be FB.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Smells like it, huh? They will a few years together... but let's say Kendall Hunter is just an animal.. When Frank Gore's contract is up I dunno if we make a huge push to re-sign at a high tender.

If Frank has another injury plagued year its will probably be his last year with the team.
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
so what does this mean for WZ favorite Big Dixon?

Dixon is mucho overrated. Most of the times he ran with the ball in the regular season, he either danced too much or got 1-2 yards. Put him at fullback.

I agree with that, it also seems like a waste to change a productive OLB in Bruce Miller to learn to be FB.

Hoping Dixon can break out this year along with Hunter.

Bruce Miller will get a look at OLB, but defensive players moving to FB in the NFL is actually pretty common. The coaches saw a great athlete with versatility and grabbed him.

If Frank has another injury plagued year its will probably be his last year with the team.

Depending on the play of other RBs, though. If Hunter comes in and is like a Ray Rice clone and busts out, okay maybe we look to trade him for some value... but... I mean I don't think you can say that outright.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Depending on the play of other RBs, though. If Hunter comes in and is like a Ray Rice clone and busts out, okay maybe we look to trade him for some value... but... I mean I don't think you can say that outright.

Its Frank's last year under contract so you cant trade him.
Share 49ersWebzone