LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by mike:
I like the shifty style he's got, not really relying on straight line speed but tricking guys out.

Did someone say he's gotta gain 50 pounds? Gore's only 207 pounds and Hunter's even shorter. He could get leaner/even more cut, and gain maybe 5 pounds and be fine at his height.

Hunter is 200lbs, at 5'7. He doesn't need to gain any weight. He is a pinball.

I need Hunter to gain about 15 or 25 pounds because i want him stay to strong for run heavy than light weight at 200 lbs..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I like the shifty style he's got, not really relying on straight line speed but tricking guys out.

Did someone say he's gotta gain 50 pounds? Gore's only 207 pounds and Hunter's even shorter. He could get leaner/even more cut, and gain maybe 5 pounds and be fine at his height.

I need Hunter to gain about 15 or 25 pounds because i want him stay to strong for run heavy than light weight at 200 lbs..

25 pounds? We want him to be Westbook not Jerome Bettis.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Jerome Bettis was very good for strong to run heavy... Michael Turner is very good to run heavy too. He is weight about 244 lbs.. he is great a short and heavy run.. I need Hunter to gains for strong more and run heavy to hit the defense off and escape the yards...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Jerome Bettis was very good for strong to run heavy... Michael Turner is very good to run heavy too. He is weight about 244 lbs.. he is great a short and heavy run.. I need Hunter to gains for strong more and run heavy to hit the defense off and escape the yards...

We already have a bruiser in Dixon. Eventually, Hunter is going to replace Gore when he retires or is not effective anymore.

[ Edited by mayo49 on May 1, 2011 at 08:50:10 ]

BuzzB must be buzzed. Kendall has a completely diffrent running style than both the guys you mentioned. He is a patient, shifty runner with vision. He reminds me of Gore a lot. Bettis was a cannon ball, like Turner. In other words, an extra 25 pounds or less would be a disadvantage.

We already have a bruiser in Dixon. Eventually, Hunter is going to replace Gore when he retires or is not effective anymore.

dude! Dixon is tall about 6'0 when the defense can see him size the tall and tackle at him for easy.. the defense can't see the Hunter was short for great a size... Dixon don't have talent that can't read to find the hole yards and don't have speed.. So Hunter do have quick to move and easy to find the hole yards. he need gain to 15 or 25 pounds that hit hard the defense off if he has weight heavy when he can have speed ofc.. . they will hurt for sure when they gave up for tackles at him...

BuzzB must be buzzed. Kendall has a completely diffrent running style than both the guys you mentioned. He is a patient, shifty runner with vision. He reminds me of Gore a lot. Bettis was a cannon ball, like Turner. In other words, an extra 25 pounds or less would be a disadvantage.

oh my gosh!! u are blind man.. i don't care about weight.. if gains to more weight like Bettis and Turner? cuz they made to rush for yards about 1,400 to 1,600 yards.. i don't want the 49ers is thin!! cuz u are limit the thin like for us since.. don't give me the stink for our team..

oh my gosh!! u are blind man.. i don't care about weight.. if gains to more weight like Bettis and Turner? cuz they made to rush for yards about 1,400 to 1,600 yards.. i don't want the 49ers is thin!! cuz u are limit the thin like for us since.. don't give me the stink for our team..

Maurice Jones-Drew is 5'7" and 205lbs. Hunter just needs to be like him. 5 pounds, not 20-25lbs. That 20 lbs will limit his shiftiness and speed.

Originally posted by PTulini:

Nice comparison to Westbrook. So we basically lose Westbrook, and get him back
the best thing about this pick is that I think Harbaugh will actually use him on offense. No more of this Singletary-Nolan BS of having talented guys who are matchup problems who never see the field.

Really excited about this pick.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by PTulini:

Nice comparison to Westbrook. So we basically lose Westbrook, and get him back

hell yea! A younger, less injured version!

Originally posted by 49erWill:

WOW
Share 49ersWebzone