LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Jim Harbaugh

CB Chris Culliver has come back from his ACL injury pretty well this year. Just what have you seen out of him these last couple weeks?

Just really competing at a high level and playing very physical, tight coverage. Got a real competitive fire, which he has always had. I just think things are really coming together for him. The health, confidence. Just everything. Tumblers coming into place. Thats what I see.
Shut down desean jackson today. he is really coming into his own. he missed a tackle or morris but his overall coverage today was on par with a top corner in this league. whole secondary really
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
D-Jax came into this game as the leading receiver in Yards Per Reception this season and #29 completely shut him down.
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Shut down desean jackson today. he is really coming into his own. he missed a tackle or morris but his overall coverage today was on par with a top corner in this league. whole secondary really

Well let's not give Culliver ALL the credit, Eric Reid was staying with him a couple times.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
watch we make the playoffs and the day before our first game godel decides to suspend Chris Culliver for the remainder of the season

lol
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Well let's not give Culliver ALL the credit, Eric Reid was staying with him a couple times.

Well that's what a safety is supposed to do. Culliver played the technique like he had help and Reid was wonderful today. This is how our defense should work. The only time he got loose was on a crossing route where he ran all the way across the field, other than that the entire Washington passing offense was shut down and Culliver is leading the charge. At this point he's the best outside cornerback we have on the team.
And just like that, the bandwagon fills up again .

I will say I hope he is one of the free agents that we retain. I look at out group of corners and view it as having four starters between Tramaine Brock, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, and Dontae Johnson. It's given us a lot of flexibility considering the injuries we've had at the position. We also will be adding Keith Reaser and Kenneth Acker to the mix next season along with another late round/UDFA corner (hopefully).

If we aren't able to retain him, then we should net a decent comp pick in 2017.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I will say I hope he is one of the free agents that we retain. I look at out group of corners and view it as having four starters between Tramaine Brock, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, and Dontae Johnson. It's given us a lot of flexibility considering the injuries we've had at the position. We also will be adding Keith Reaser and Kenneth Acker to the mix next season along with another late round/UDFA corner (hopefully).

Couldn't agree more..tho I think cox will get a contract from another team we will not match so maybe a 6th rd comp for him n also ward will still play cb bc Bethea is doing great.. Nooo amazing at ss..better then I imagined..mayb our best secondary player all year..
How dare you guys ever doubt CullyInTheHouse!!!!
Something about his super bowl play still doesn't convince me. Here's to hoping he's changed

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
couple nice plays, still a horrible tackler.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Couldn't agree more..tho I think cox will get a contract from another team we will not match so maybe a 6th rd comp for him n also ward will still play cb bc Bethea is doing great.. Nooo amazing at ss..better then I imagined..mayb our best secondary player all year..

I forgot about Ward. People may not want to admit, but he has looked good as of late. I won't count him as a "starter" however. With that said, it's pretty hard to choose, but I think Cox's ability to man the slot makes me prefer him over Culliver at the moment. Considering all of the talent we have at corner now, it probably isn't likely we keep both, but who knows, maybe Baalke can work some magic.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Chris Culliver

Targets 57
Receptions 32
Longest Reception 45
Yards 392
YAC 104
TDs Allowed 3
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 3
Tackles 35

-------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Sherman

Targets 51
Receptions 23
Longest Reception 60
Yards 329
YAC 83
TDs Allowed 1
Interceptions 3
Passes Defended 4
Tackles 38

Darrelle Revis

Targets 67
Receptions 32
Longest Reception 45
Yards 451
YAC 176
TDs Allowed 2
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 10
Tackles 36

Aqib Talib

Targets 73
Receptions 44
Longest Reception 39
Yards 486
YAC 166
TDs Allowed 3
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 6
Tackles 43

Patrick Peterson

Targets 72
Receptions 44
Longest Reception 86
Yards 609
YAC 241
TDs Allowed 8
Interception 2
Passes Defended 2
Tackles 32

Just Sayin.......
Originally posted by DeUh:
Chris Culliver

Targets 57
Receptions 32
Longest Reception 45
Yards 392
YAC 104
TDs Allowed 3
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 3
Tackles 35

Richard Sherman

Targets 51
Receptions 23
Longest Reception 60
Yards 329
YAC 83
TDs Allowed 1
Interceptions 3
Passes Defended 4
Tackles 38

Darrelle Revis

Targets 67
Receptions 32
Longest Reception 45
Yards 451
YAC 176
TDs Allowed 2
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 10
Tackles 36

Aqib Talib

Targets 73
Receptions 44
Longest Reception 39
Yards 486
YAC 166
TDs Allowed 3
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 6
Tackles 43

Patrick Peterson

Targets 72
Receptions 44
Longest Reception 86
Yards 609
YAC 241
TDs Allowed 8
Interception 2
Passes Defended 2
Tackles 32

Just Sayin.......
Prolly his agent has this info too
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Chris Culliver

Targets 57
Receptions 32
Longest Reception 45
Yards 392
YAC 104
TDs Allowed 3
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 3
Tackles 35

Richard Sherman

Targets 51
Receptions 23
Longest Reception 60
Yards 329
YAC 83
TDs Allowed 1
Interceptions 3
Passes Defended 4
Tackles 38

Darrelle Revis

Targets 67
Receptions 32
Longest Reception 45
Yards 451
YAC 176
TDs Allowed 2
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 10
Tackles 36

Aqib Talib

Targets 73
Receptions 44
Longest Reception 39
Yards 486
YAC 166
TDs Allowed 3
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 6
Tackles 43

Patrick Peterson

Targets 72
Receptions 44
Longest Reception 86
Yards 609
YAC 241
TDs Allowed 8
Interception 2
Passes Defended 2
Tackles 32

Just Sayin.......
Prolly his agent has this info too

What stands out to me is his YAC. A CB has to defend against 2 people if you think about it. QB and WR, sometimes they just make good plays and get a reception but it seems like he is keeping most of it in front of him which really has a domino effect for the rest of the secondary and gives flexibility to Fangio and the safties that they don't have to worry about his man unless schemed that way. When he does give up a completion the WR is avg 3 YAC. Not bad. Good data provided, however, it is gonna drive his price up or mean he is gone because he is on Par with the best in the league right now
Share 49ersWebzone