There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 3, #80, the San Francisco 49ers selects Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina

Originally posted by SJniner7:
Culliver always seems to have great coverage. He is just not getting his head turned around and will go through some growing pains. With some experience, this guy may be a stud CB. I feel good about him and Hunter from the 2011 draft. jury still out on Aldon and Kap.

have you seen aldon play at all this preseason?

Dude can get to the qb and with multiple moves. Sure he has some work to do in coverage but ass a pass rusher he is NFL ready
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Culliver always seems to have great coverage. He is just not getting his head turned around and will go through some growing pains. With some experience, this guy may be a stud CB. I feel good about him and Hunter from the 2011 draft. jury still out on Aldon and Kap.

Jury is stil out on all of them.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Dude can get to the qb and with multiple moves. Sure he has some work to do in coverage but ass a pass rusher he is NFL ready

He is getting pressure, but seems to get tied up a lot against starters. His reps have been limited with the first team, but I am not convinced he will produce 6+ sacks this year.
HERE WE COME SEATTLE! no more vanilla, no more rotations, everyone healthy, Gore/Crabs/Edwards/Davis!

"Time to go H.A.M!!!" - Dixon
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
HERE WE COME SEATTLE! no more vanilla, no more rotations, everyone healthy, Gore/Crabs/Edwards/Davis!

"Time to go H.A.M!!!" - Dixon

I would rather see Crabs ride the pine for a bit, he hasn't earned anything with this staff and has no timing down in the new system.

That's my new motto.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HessianDud:

That's my new motto.

New? That's not what you said two months ago. Well... maybe you said "pass on ass".
Originally posted by jreff22:
I would rather see Crabs ride the pine for a bit, he hasn't earned anything with this staff and has no timing down in the new system.

i believe it has been said crabtree will not start the season either morgan or ginn will start alongside edwards (hopefully morgan)
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
i see great things from Culliver in 1-2 years. every knock on him is pretty easy to fix.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

That's my new motto.

New? That's not what you said two months ago. Well... maybe you said "pass on ass".

you must be thinking of someone else, good sir, because I have never, and will never, say such a ridiculous thing.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AmpLee:

That's my new motto.

you must be thinking of someone else, good sir, because I have never, and will never, say such a ridiculous thing.
Don't remind me... Ouch!
I'm very, very impressed with this guy. He has tremendous speed, good size and seems to have good technique and a feel for the game. Even on passes completed he had good coverage. He was right there. Just great throws. And the interception was real good. I think he shows a lot for a real young guy and is pretty far ahead compared where you would expect him to be at this point. I believe his future is very bright. He has a real big upside. Something tells me he is far better than the 3rd round he was picked in. Just watching him in person he's very impressive and speedy and athletic.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:42 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm very, very impressed with this guy. He has tremendous speed, good size and seems to have good technique and a feel for the game. Even on passes completed he had good coverage. He was right there. Just great throws. And the interception was real good. I think he shows a lot for a real young guy and is pretty far ahead compared where you would expect him to be at this point. I believe his future is very bright. He has a real big upside. Something tells me he is far better than the 3rd round he was picked in. Just watching him in person he's very impressive and speedy and athletic.

Agreed. And if not at CB, I think he could be a big time asset at the FS position. I'd imagine we'd be targeting a legit CB in next year's FA or draft.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Agreed. And if not at CB, I think he could be a big time asset at the FS position. I'd imagine we'd be targeting a legit CB in next year's FA or draft.

I think he's got the skills for CB. He's got the speed and technique. Even passes that were completed he has like blanket coverage. Sometimes they just make a real good throw. Maybe Safety in FA or Draft next year. I'd keep Culliver where he is. I can see him being an eventual starter at CB. I think he is that good. I don't see backup for long with him.
Looks like Baalke found a gem.