LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Peterson got overrated due to his return abilities the last few years. I figured we would re-sign him in the offseason to a 4-5 year deal around 15-22 million and it turns out we were working on it then he had to go do something so stupid and wreck it. I'd like him back at the right price but what worries me is he is immature still. Other things that worry me: he doesn't always give it his all, he tackles poorly, he still can't track the ball deep, he seems like the player who would let down once he gets paid and I wouldn't be surprised if he did something foolish that would lead to a long term suspension or something that would wreck his career. Also, it's partly this defense the way we play it safe but he seems to allow more short catches these days without contesting them. He was awesome in 2011 and 2012 in that area. He would contest all those short passes and jump them usually deflecting them. Now he just seems to play off and let them have it.

So after all that I said bad about him a few good things: He has great size and at times is physical, he has had many games shutting down elite wrs, at 26 he can still play 3-4 years at a high level, he would be a lot cheaper than a big name guy and lastly he knows the system. All the good and bad being said, with Donatell and this defense we have done a good job making solid cb's out of rookies and UDFA. It's all about what he wants for money. I think Culliver could be someone who thinks he's worth more than he is so that could be a factor. He could be like the rest of our guys who got paid and are now on crap teams because of it. If we think there wont be too many game suspension for this offseason incident and he would sign say a 2-4 year deal at 2-4 million a year there is a chance he will be back. I don't think we would give him that 5 year 20+ million dollar deal anymore. Probably top out around 4 years 16 million ish like Brock. Plus you have to figure we could get Cox at say 2-3 years 2-3 mil a year so doubtful we give both guys the money they want. It's probably one or the other and I could see us going Cox for cheaper and letting Culliver go get paid elsewhere.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 5, 2014 at 12:51 AM ]
I listened to a KNBR podcast the other day with former sports agent Joel Corry, who had clients such as Ronnie Lott, anyway, he said he thinks if Cully asks for $5M a yr on a 4-5 yr deal, he won't be retained, and they could look outside for help at CB.

Also Cox to him is a 1yr deal, as up until now, he hasn't done anything great, and especially being in a contract year, so I would also be hessitant to give him a multiyear deal.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I listened to a KNBR podcast the other day with former sports agent Joel Corry, who had clients such as Ronnie Lott, anyway, he said he thinks if Cully asks for $5M a yr on a 4-5 yr deal, he won't be retained, and they could look outside for help at CB.

Also Cox to him is a 1yr deal, as up until now, he hasn't done anything great, and especially being in a contract year, so I would also be hessitant to give him a multiyear deal.

49ERS didnt offer there big time FA ANY Big Money (Goldson,Walker,Whitner) Prolly let Cully walk and stick with Johnson and A Draft pick
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

We signed Brock as a starter for 4 years $16M right? Now way we'll offer more than that, would we?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Vic Fangio

Luckily, I think we dodged a bullet there.

I think he, ultimately, is going to be fine. He was out there yesterday doing a little bit. Hopefully, he will be able to do a little bit more today. I dont know what our practice will be like today. I dont know how big an area we are going to thats inside. Hopeful that he will be playing and ready to go.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Is there any chance that Culliver is going to be suspended for his hit and run and brass knuckles incident?

I suspect that he could end up missing 4 to 6 games next years, but I am just guessing.

For me, I wouldn't resign this dude. He has had his ups and downs but he's facing a possible suspension and is always hurt.
I wouldn't solely because of cap reasons and I see him as a good corner, but not elite, and no our defense willnot go into the tank if we do not have Chris Culliver. We also have money committed to Brock already and need to resign Perrish Cox. Dontae Johnson's emergence is key as well along with keith Reaser and Kenneth Acker getting into the mix next season. It's just not enough money or playing time to go around.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Dec 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I wouldn't solely because of cap reasons and I see him as a good corner, but not elite, and no one are defense will go into the tank if we do not have. We also have money committed to Brock already and need to resign Perrish Cox. Dontae Johnson's emergence is key as well along with keith Reaser and Kenneth Acker getting into the mix next season. It's just not enough money or playing time to go around.

True. We're gonna drop him like a bad habit.
Is it just me or do Chris Culliver and Jeff Teague look exactly alike?

So is he getting suspended?
Maybe Lord GODdell will apply the mercy rule on the 49ers.
Offer him a deal like brock 4year 16 mil or let him walk.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Chris Culliver

Targets 57
Receptions 32
Longest Reception 45
Yards 392
YAC 104
TDs Allowed 3
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 3
Tackles 35

-------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Sherman

Targets 51
Receptions 23
Longest Reception 60
Yards 329
YAC 83
TDs Allowed 1
Interceptions 3
Passes Defended 4
Tackles 38

Darrelle Revis

Targets 67
Receptions 32
Longest Reception 45
Yards 451
YAC 176
TDs Allowed 2
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 10
Tackles 36

Aqib Talib

Targets 73
Receptions 44
Longest Reception 39
Yards 486
YAC 166
TDs Allowed 3
Interceptions 2
Passes Defended 6
Tackles 43

Patrick Peterson

Targets 72
Receptions 44
Longest Reception 86
Yards 609
YAC 241
TDs Allowed 8
Interception 2
Passes Defended 2
Tackles 32

Just Sayin.......

Dude...please...I NEED to know where you got these stats from??

I have been searching for these particular statistics for 3 years.

Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Bump
Share 49ersWebzone