LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Eric_Branch: #49ers Culliver was a preseason All-American who only played seven games in 2010 due to pectoral injury.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by PTulini:
bydavidwhite: Culliver played CB and S. Mike Mayock had him as a sixth-rounder. "A height-weight-speed guy but he worries me."

Thought they were going to grab that CB from Louisville. Bad pick.

"That CB from Louisville must not be too much of a prospect if you can't even remember his name.
This is the guy to deal with those little speedy receivers, you know, the guys who get 10 yards separation from our slow-ass clunking cornerbacks and the only thing that we can hope for is that the QB makes a bad throw or that the receiver slips/drops the pass.

Feel much better having a guy like this who is both fast and physical. He's not a household name but once again, I trust that this guy will get good coaching and will be able to be developed into something nice.

Originally posted by 49erFan:
Depth in the secondary, and an immediate special teams contributer.

Worthy of a 3rd round pick?

We dont need depth in the secondary, we need a solid CB who can cover and has some ball skills. Someone like Johnny Patrick or Curtis Brown. Instead we get another guy who is a tweener between FS and CB. He's not great in coverage so he's not a great CB, and he has no ball skills and he's not great against the run so how will he be a good FS. We already have a bunch of young safeties in Reggie Smith, Taylor Mays, Chris Maragos, and Curtis Taylor. That is not even counting Dashon Goldson who will probably be back. This is a dumb pick. Baalke is in love with people's athleticism and height and speed and he's not good at picking actual good football players.

If he develops then yeah good pick, but I sure hope we can coach him up because just because he's a hell of an athlete doesnt make him a great player. Baalke picks these guys every time.

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Apr 29, 2011 at 19:11:20 ]
Eric_Branch: Culliver ranks third in SEC history in kickoff returns (106) and kickoff return yards (2,476), average of 23.3 yards per return.

Which is a need for us, also people seem to forget that there is no guarantee that we aren't loseing our starting FS to free agency.
Originally posted by Niners6262:
Originally posted by DominantQE:
Originally posted by rayn36:
Why not take the Dyke guy that Oakland picked. He runs a 4.28.

I see one source says 176lb

Not impressed with Van Dyke.....Raiders took him because of his speed, imagine that

Speed is one of the things our def is lacking.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Looks like Baalke wants his guys at key positions and drafts them no matter what.

He drafted a bunch of projects last year as well....

Baalke insists that he isn't swayed by combine workouts but instead relies heavily on game tape. Yet everything your read about Culliver screams workout warrior, mediocrity on the gridiron.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
bydavidwhite: Culliver played CB and S. Mike Mayock had him as a sixth-rounder. "A height-weight-speed guy but he worries me."

"That CB from Louisville must not be too much of a prospect if you can't even remember his name.

There were 5 CBs taken within 10 picks after Culliver.

DeMarcus Van Dyke - Raiders

Johnny Patrick - New ORl

Shareece Wright - SD

Curtis Marsh - Philly (traded up)

Anyone got the goods on these guys?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Chris Culliver is officially the leanist 49er in history. Dude is shredded. Looks like he has 0% Body Fat. No homo.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Apr 29, 2011 at 19:12:12 ]

Speed, speed, speed. This guy has it, and we need it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

There were 5 CBs taken within 10 picks after Culliver.

DeMarcus Van Dyke - Raiders

Johnny Patrick - New ORl

Shareece Wright - SD

Curtis Marsh - Philly (traded up)

Anyone got the goods on these guys?

I would've probably taken Wright and Patrick over him. Didn't get to see Curtis Marsh play much.
We finally have a kick returner at last. Check out the video, you will like it.

Originally posted by SDDAVE:
We finally have a kick returner at last. Check out the video, you will like it.

s**t..homeboy got moves
I am glad you GUYS are not doing our draft.
Share 49ersWebzone