There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

He's the best CB we have on the team..
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Wonder what his new metrics are after yesterday....

PFF says he was targeted 4 times and allowed 0 completions successfully recording 3 Passed defended.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM ]
  • DeUh
Hi mods. With training camp almost there can we merge those threads so we have only 1 Chris Culliver thread for updates + discussion ?

Thanks !

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/153840-round-san-francisco-49ers-selects-culliver-south-carolina/page44/search=chris%20culliver
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173981-chris-culliver-went-down-left-knee-injury/search=chris%20culliver
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/177862-chris-culliver-arrested/search=chris%20culliver
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/177878-do-we-cut-culliver/search=culliver
The jury is still out on how well he can move and play w/contact coming off the injury.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The jury is still out on how well he can move and play w/contact coming off the injury.

Also, if a suspension will / won't happen. There's a lot of questions about our CB #2 and nickel CB / S. Hopefully Ward wins the later, but the former is totally up in the air.

Culliver... Injury / suspension ?s
Cook... Can he perform at a high level?
Cox... Anything more than a nickel / dime package guy?
Johnson... Can he learn the system fast enough?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Also, if a suspension will / won't happen. There's a lot of questions about our CB #2 and nickel CB / S. Hopefully Ward wins the later, but the former is totally up in the air.

Culliver... Injury / suspension ?s
Cook... Can he perform at a high level?
Cox... Anything more than a nickel / dime package guy?
Johnson... Can he learn the system fast enough?

All good points and I guess Spillman is in the mix somewhere.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by pete98146:
He's the best CB we have on the team..

I would of agreed with this statement back when you posted this a year and a half ago. But after the SB and his knee injury, there are so many question marks.

Baalke must feel good about him tho, as we dont have much help behind him.
Originally posted by DeUh:

Love dogs. Hates bicyclists.
In my perfect world Culliver is a bench warmer backing up Cook and Brock with Ward as the nickel.
The last game this man played was absolutely horrible, and it was when it mattered. Now he is a year removed coming off a knee injury? Those odds are not in his favor
^^^ Looks ready to go.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
In my perfect world Culliver is a bench warmer backing up Cook and Brock with Ward as the nickel.
The last game this man played was absolutely horrible, and it was when it mattered. Now he is a year removed coming off a knee injury? Those odds are not in his favor

His last action leaves a lasting impression, but until that game Culliver had been playing very very well. I'm willing to give him a pass on the Superbowl, as much of the defense seemed strangely ill-prepared in that game (dammit...)
Originally posted by Existence:

His last action leaves a lasting impression, but until that game Culliver had been playing very very well. I'm willing to give him a pass on the Superbowl, as much of the defense seemed strangely ill-prepared in that game (dammit...)

The entire secondary played like ass that game. It's like none of them ever saw a Hail Mary before.

I thought other than the SB he played well....he should be a solid #2
  • DeUh
Chris Culliver allowed a QB rating of 76.9 in 2012 with is very respectable. For example Carlos Rogers had a QB Rating of 92.9 in that same year.