There are 269 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Spencer is teh suxorzzz
Cully played well last week but brees is just brees. i think he'll get a pick in this game if they try to pick on him, hes due for one
There really wasn't much more Cully coulda done on that TD pass to Colston. Was good coverage, just great ball placement. Also Cully is our biggest and fastest corner(4.3 speed).
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I don't see anything changing on the Niner D. The coaches have had situations this year where we could of gone to him but they haven't. But I do think that Culliver needs to step up his game, but he's had good coverage but Drew Brees was making great passes.

We are going to need Culliver to play well if get to the Superbowl and face brady and all of his weapons.

Agreed, Culliver will have to bring it. I considered Spencer a good cb too, and surprised when he lost his starting position, but obviously the coaches feel that Cully is the guy.
Originally posted by comeatmebrah:
There really wasn't much more Cully coulda done on that TD pass to Colston. Was good coverage, just great ball placement. Also Cully is our biggest and fastest corner(4.3 speed).

O really swan? Really? Cully could of turned around and swatted the ball. And I wasn't just talking about the td pass to Colton.......he got burned twice against the giants and luckily manning overthrew the wr. Again just bc he is our fastest cb doesn't mean he should be our number 3. Right now spencer is and was the better cb he had a very good few years and right now still may be the better option. Let's just hope cully doesn't get burned Sunday. I'm sure cully will be a great cb for us but right now I am a bit worried.

Also the miners should be picking on prince amukamara but if ginn can't play looks like swain may not be able to do so.
I don't see the problem. Apparently Cully beat out Spencer in camp and thats the bottom line. For the most part Cully has played well for a rookie. IN todays league just about every corner not named Revis gets burnt.
its hard to say what spencer can do, just becase he was good in the past doesnt mean he's the same player. i think culliver has played well all season. he will want some revenge since the NY game was his worst game this year.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Cully played well last week but brees is just brees. i think he'll get a pick in this game if they try to pick on him, hes due for one

I agree that pass to the corner was all pro. Nobody would have stopped it. Not even Revis.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
rook.

On that pass TD pass to Colston, he was in perfect position, just didn't locate the ball. Pretty sure the sun played a major factor.
I'll trust that coach that has us in the NFC Championship.....thnx.......

Originally posted by elguapo:
O really swan? Really? Cully could of turned around and swatted the ball. And I wasn't just talking about the td pass to Colton.......he got burned twice against the giants and luckily manning overthrew the wr. Again just bc he is our fastest cb doesn't mean he should be our number 3. Right now spencer is and was the better cb he had a very good few years and right now still may be the better option. Let's just hope cully doesn't get burned Sunday. I'm sure cully will be a great cb for us but right now I am a bit worried.

Also the miners should be picking on prince amukamara but if ginn can't play looks like swain may not be able to do so.

Yes, a guy who has been active for like 3 or 4 games this season is the better option. Makes sense...There is obviously a reason why Culliver plays over Spencer. And the reason I brought up the size and speed was because of matchup issues. The thing with evaluating CB's is you usually only hear their name when they give up a play. What about all the other times hes been on the field and had good coverage?
Yeah he's gonna get picked on. Hope he steps his game up. What's the point in being in position if you don't make the play on the ball? 1st match up he got burned twice vs the Giants. Before the season Spencer would have been a no brainier to have this spot locked down. But the coaches didn't like somethign about him or his play so it is what it is. Can't just let him in the game now and expect him to play better than Culliver. Culliver just has to grow up in a hurry this weekend. I think he will step it up.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
rook.

On that pass TD pass to Colston, he was in perfect position, just didn't locate the ball. Pretty sure the sun played a major factor.

yeah, but he is going to still be a rookie in this game.....he needs to be ready for those, he gave up the exact same looking TD pass to Giants earlier in the season.

they'll try it again until he stops it.
Hope he steps up with a big game this weekend!

You don't hear too much about Cully. Who knows what his ceiling will be as a corner, but if he's played this solid all year as a rookie, we've got ourselves a quality starter for years to come. Hopefully a pro bowler
Share 49ersWebzone