There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

He misplayed Heyward Bey and payed for it.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,396
HE'S A BEAST!!!!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
He misplayed Heyward Bey and payed for it.

If you're talking about that one play by the goal line, then I think you're being too harsh. He had fine coverage. The ball was thrown toward his back shoulder. It's almost impossible to defend something like that.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
He misplayed Heyward Bey and payed for it.

If you're talking about that one play by the goal line, then I think you're being too harsh. He had fine coverage. The ball was thrown toward his back shoulder. It's almost impossible to defend something like that.
Agree. That was just a good throw and catch. He had nice position step for step. He can only get better with more experience
Seems like he was playing even better and was in the hip pockets on receivers quite a bit. He also didn't seem shy about putting his nose in to make tackles either! Hope he continues to make good progress
[ Edited by tohara3 on Aug 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM ]
Liked how aggressive and confident he played against the Raiders. Hope he continues to not be shy and sticking his helmet in there making tackles either. He keeps playing this way and Spencer stays hurt he could see plenty of action in dime and nickel packages this season
49ers: Interception by Chris Culliver in the end zone and he returns it out past midfield.

Ruled down by contact.
Dobbs its still a madman!
Originally posted by PTulini:
49ers: Interception by Chris Culliver in the end zone and he returns it out past midfield.

Ruled down by contact.

Nice INT
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by PTulini:
49ers: Interception by Chris Culliver in the end zone and he returns it out past midfield.

Ruled down by contact.

Nice INT

He had pretty good coverage on a couple of plays--just like the DHB play, good coverage but the catch was still made. I think once he gets more experience at CB he's going to be a pretty good player, and will have the awareness to break up those passes. He's a great open-field tackler, which I like a lot.
this draft is loaded with potential
still remember how upset the zone was that we picked this guy! i def think he is a bright spot and hopefully he works out. btw i just watched an interview with him after the game and he sounded very intelligent and humble
Originally posted by YungAce:
this draft is loaded with potential

baalke haters in 3...2...1...
Culliver and Adams need more time to learn and practice.....but I think both have the opportunity to be impact DB's for us in the near future





were still drafting a CB in the 1st next year
Originally posted by tankle104:
still remember how upset the zone was that we picked this guy! i def think he is a bright spot and hopefully he works out. btw i just watched an interview with him after the game and he sounded very intelligent and humble

The zone went crazy on about every pick from this draft class, lol. Shoot, the zone always goes crazy.
Culliver always seems to have great coverage. He is just not getting his head turned around and will go through some growing pains. With some experience, this guy may be a stud CB. I feel good about him and Hunter from the 2011 draft. jury still out on Aldon and Kap.
...