There are 273 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by susweel:
Good pick, this guy has the "IT" factor

Im happy with this pick

and he's hot. So a lot of hot chicks will show up to the games.

and he's a local guy Turlock CA

Turlock? Sounds like outer space.
I watched the video about Colin Kaepernick at Senior Bowl.. He is smart to play and work hard for serious to play. I like him very well.. I think, Ponder is almost level with Colin but they are little different the level talent.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by socalniner:
interesting prospect...who would you compare him to in the league today?

a little bit of rodgers, brees, and brady mixed into one.

Vick, Brady, Manning and Brees mixed into one.

I've always thought Randall Cunningham

That's who I think of, Randall Cunningham. Cunningham was a pretty successful NFL QB, I just don't see that style of player in the WCO, which is all about quick hitting timing patterns and underneath stuff. You don't think rangy, athletic, wind up thrower. I guess this will more resemble the Steve Young WCO than the Montana WCO, and that worked out in the end. We'll see. Good to have a local guy.
" On Thursday the 49ers reportedly explored trading into the first round for Kaepernick.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/04/niners-trade-fo-1.html#ixzz1KxSd77Fi
"

The reassuring thing is that the 49ers KNEW that Kapernick was their guy and they went out and got him. It wasn't the typical reactionary BS we've seen in the past...."quick all the QBs are disappearing...get one....anyone...it doesn't matter, we just need a QB."
no what I expected but loving the pick!!!! very exited!!!

go niners
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by socalniner:
interesting prospect...who would you compare him to in the league today?

a little bit of rodgers, brees, and brady mixed into one.

You gotta be kidding me, hes nothing like them.

More like Vince Young, Byron Leftwich and Omar Jacobs wrapped in one.

I think he was joking.

Ouch though. I was in love with Omar Jacobs before he returned to college his last year.

I hope he was. Sarcasm meter is off right now.
Maybe we finally did not past on the QB star to be hometown boy like we did with Brady and Rodgers. 3rd time is the charm? I hope so.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

RT @Momotaros_TRR Could Morgan give Kap the playbook? > Yes. And the 49ers coaches would love for that to happen.
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Welcome Kap! I bet he was our #1 all along. He will be a superstar!
Watching some plays from last year - kid has quite an arm

Originally posted by b9er37:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Colin Kaepernick Scouting Report
By Greg Cox

Strengths:
Leadership qualities
Ideal height
Highly productive runner
Evasive with excellent speed
Lots of experience
Tremendous athlete
Good arm strength
Very hard worker and intelligent

Weaknesses:
Needs more work on accuracy, especially deep accuracy
Delivery issues (windup) partially due to height
Has to adjust from Pistol offense
Must go through more progressions at pro level
Frame might lead to durability concerns
Lacks size to rid himself of tacklers
Ball security needs improvement
Played mostly against inferior competition

Summary: Colin Kaepernick was remarkably consistent during his four years at Nevada. His touchdown passes were 19, 22, 20 and 21. He ran for 1,100 or more yards in each of his final three seasons. The passing yards were the only exception with less production in 2007 and 2009, but even against mostly WAC opponents he only threw 24 interceptions in 1,271 attempts. He also greatly improved his accuracy to 65 percent as a senior.

The leadership factor weighs heavily into his evaluation and although the second round is littered with failures, he might be an exception. Teams have to love that he might have had a future in baseball (he was drafted by the Cubs) yet stuck with football which clearly illustrates his passion for football. That's good because his mechanics need work.

Lacks size? he is 6'6", 233 pounds

The term chicken legs mean anything to you.

some guy named joe montana had that problem too
for those that care he is on twitter

@Kaepernick10
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
More on the 49ers - hearing if they had reached 1st rd in trade Dalton very well could have been the pick. Unable to get ahead of CIN...

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
They felt like they needed to jump WSH to be sure they got a QB they coveted and got one in Kaepernick by moving to DEN pick
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by b9er37:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Colin Kaepernick Scouting Report
By Greg Cox

Strengths:
Leadership qualities
Ideal height
Highly productive runner
Evasive with excellent speed
Lots of experience
Tremendous athlete
Good arm strength
Very hard worker and intelligent

Weaknesses:
Needs more work on accuracy, especially deep accuracy
Delivery issues (windup) partially due to height
Has to adjust from Pistol offense
Must go through more progressions at pro level
Frame might lead to durability concerns
Lacks size to rid himself of tacklers
Ball security needs improvement
Played mostly against inferior competition

Summary: Colin Kaepernick was remarkably consistent during his four years at Nevada. His touchdown passes were 19, 22, 20 and 21. He ran for 1,100 or more yards in each of his final three seasons. The passing yards were the only exception with less production in 2007 and 2009, but even against mostly WAC opponents he only threw 24 interceptions in 1,271 attempts. He also greatly improved his accuracy to 65 percent as a senior.

The leadership factor weighs heavily into his evaluation and although the second round is littered with failures, he might be an exception. Teams have to love that he might have had a future in baseball (he was drafted by the Cubs) yet stuck with football which clearly illustrates his passion for football. That's good because his mechanics need work.

Lacks size? he is 6'6", 233 pounds

The term chicken legs mean anything to you.

some guy named joe montana had that problem too

Only thing, Montana could actually play, not run around like a chicken lobbing footballs.
I just found out he was neither a Niners fan or a Raiders fan growing up...

Quote:
Here’s a natural segue … who is your favorite NFL quarterback?
CK: Of all-time, I would say Brett Favre. I was a Packers fan growing up, and just to see the way he played the game and how excited he was about it all the time, he’s my favorite. Currently, it would have to be Peyton Manning. For me, the mental aspect of the game he has complete control of and is able to see exactly what the defense is doing and pick them apart, is amazing to me.

Still like him though.
Share 49ersWebzone