There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

colin kaepernick will most likely never see the field
Ok I will probably get roasted for this but I have to ask. Do you think Colin Kaepernick can play wide receiver? Think about he is tall, fast and has a knack for getting in the endzone when becomes a runner. Thoughts?
Why would you want to put our best option if Alex goes down in a position to possibly get hurt? Yeah I think he's an athletic freak but he's a QB not a WR.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Why would you want to put our best option if Alex goes down in a position to possibly get hurt? Yeah I think he's an athletic freak but he's a QB not a WR.

agreed. It's the same reason why people don't want Vick running wildly (except Steven A. Smith), because he's not built like Tim Tebow.
Oh man, I haven't seen these kinds of threads in years
Can Crabtree play WR?
Originally posted by backontop:
Can Crabtree play WR?

Hahah

If we truly are championship contenders....we should probably get legit WR's to line up, not backup QB's
Yep, it's the offseason.
Ok ok my bad.. I just wanted someone elses opinion. Thanks for your time.
Originally posted by 99Ways2SackAQb:
Ok ok my bad.. I just wanted someone elses opinion. Thanks for your time.

This isn't college or high school football. We should get a PROFESSIONAL wide receiver to play WR
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i dont know why so many ppl count Kap out of the race for our QB. yea he threw alot of interceptions in the preseason but most rookies would given the short offseason. Dalton looked down right awful in preseason and he made me eat a whole lot of crow this season.

I like alex but i dont really expect him to be an elite QB. he goes into conservative mode too much.

Kap has good accuracy, a rocket arm, and incredible mobility

Have a little more faith in Harbaughs decision to trade up for him in the 2nd.

Putting it nicely, who would have thought Steve DeBerg would've taken the 49ers to the NFC Championship Game, while he was keeping Joe's seat warm. It'll be interesting to see how the offseason turns out, especially if/when Alex is re-signed to an extension.
[ Edited by lssanjose on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i dont know why so many ppl count Kap out of the race for our QB. yea he threw alot of interceptions in the preseason but most rookies would given the short offseason. Dalton looked down right awful in preseason and he made me eat a whole lot of crow this season.

I like alex but i dont really expect him to be an elite QB. he goes into conservative mode too much.

Kap has good accuracy, a rocket arm, and incredible mobility

Have a little more faith in Harbaughs decision to trade up for him in the 2nd.

THIS.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
colin kaepernick will most likely never see the field

Of course he will, he's only couple of feet away from it on game days