LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Eric Davis is new 49er color analyst, Plummer apparently out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by joebbadass:
I love how this has become a "family values" issue. Are pro athletes supposed to be carrying the Bible everywhere they go? What would you rather have, the naughty, nasty 9ers of the 80s and 90s or the wholesome teams of the past decade with their schoolboy coaches? Plummer did exercise poor judgment with the interview, but what he said about the 9ers on the air was spot on. It is a shame when the front office of the team you love prefers a superficial public image (losing business model for many teams including the 9ers and Plowboys) over a team with real substance (Patriots, Steelers and Packers) warts (Big Ben, Belichick the cheater) and all.

Well, since it is about the entertainment business, the top grossing movies of all time are G, PG or PG-13. R rated are not even close to the top.

Sounds like the 49ers are trying for that greater audience share.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic/mpaa.htm?page=G&p=.htm
Originally posted by Lifer:
Well, now we know why they let him go.

The "Lady Brain" interview is here (for now):

http://deadspin.com/#!5791373/ex+49ers-color-analyst-possibly-fired-for-raunchy-labia+lovin-talk-with-nsfw-audio

OTB
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I like Plummer.

Sigh... as recent as 2008 we had what I believed was the best radio PBP team in the NFL (Starkey and Plummer). Now, we may very well have the worst

At least we don't have Bob Fitzgerald.

Thank GOD!!
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:

It could have been New Orleans. So who knows and who cares?

lol thats why I said it was LIKELY to be Atlanta.
Originally posted by 190836:
LOL, this is your color analyst, ..... "you have to suck it in your mouth and the use your tongue at the same time".

He was actually describing the proper way to defend the power sweep.
That whole Gary Plummer interview reminded me of the show Playmakers when that Alex Smith lookalike told the equipment manager to go bring him a woman during halftime
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
That whole Gary Plummer interview reminded me of the show Playmakers when that Alex Smith lookalike told the equipment manager to go bring him a woman during halftime

lol that guy looked nothing like Alex Smith
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

lol that guy looked nothing like Alex Smith

He sure as hell reminded me of Alex Smith, he's even sporting # 11
Plummer didn't use the proper progression with Jeb, as illustrated:, , , ,
Quote:
Plummer said it was his criticism of the team -- not his crude remarks -- that got him booted from the broadcast booth. He said 49ers executives came to him "at least four times, maybe five" last season to warn him that he was being too hard on the team during broadcasts.

Asked how he responded to those meetings, Plummer said:"I literally asked them, 'How much powdered sugar do you want me to put on dog (waste) to make it taste good? We're 0-5. We're last in the league in offense, and we've had three players quit."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_17832732?nclick_check=1

Plummer was just keeping it real.

• Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Quote:
Plummer said it was his criticism of the team -- not his crude remarks -- that got him booted from the broadcast booth. He said 49ers executives came to him "at least four times, maybe five" last season to warn him that he was being too hard on the team during broadcasts.

Asked how he responded to those meetings, Plummer said:"I literally asked them, 'How much powdered sugar do you want me to put on dog (waste) to make it taste good? We're 0-5. We're last in the league in offense, and we've had three players quit."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_17832732?nclick_check=1

Plummer was just keeping it real.

Yeah, keepin' it real. The "voice of the franchise" goes on the air talking about fellatio and teammates getting banged behind the team bus. Now he wants us to believe that the real reason he was fired was for being too critical of the product on the field? C'mon, Gary. Really? This is like your kid getting kicked out of school for taking a dump on the principal's desk, then he tries to tell you that the real reason he was expelled was for being too critical of the teachers.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Gary deserved it. You dont go on radio saying crap like that
Originally posted by dmax:
that's not even why they fired him. the ownership hates being criticized for the pathetic product they've put on the field the last 8 years.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
I love how this has become a "family values" issue. Are pro athletes supposed to be carrying the Bible everywhere they go? What would you rather have, the naughty, nasty 9ers of the 80s and 90s or the wholesome teams of the past decade with their schoolboy coaches? Plummer did exercise poor judgment with the interview, but what he said about the 9ers on the air was spot on. It is a shame when the front office of the team you love prefers a superficial public image (losing business model for many teams including the 9ers and Plowboys) over a team with real substance (Patriots, Steelers and Packers) warts (Big Ben, Belichick the cheater) and all.

He is a broadcaster for the 49ers, not a pro athlete.
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
Originally posted by dmax:
that's not even why they fired him. the ownership hates being criticized for the pathetic product they've put on the field the last 8 years.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone