LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

49ers Rewarded with 2 Compensatory Pick (7th Round)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we should trade our 7th, 7th, 6th, 5th, and 2 4ths to move back into the first round!

All this does is insure Balke gets at least two undrafted free agents that he covets.

No LeGarrette Blount type blow off this year.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by endcapitalism:
Signing Carr cost the 9ers a 6th round draft pick. "The Giants got two slots in the sixth round after losing quarterback David Carr and defensive tackle Fred Robbins."

greedy bast@rds at NFLcom

Siging Carr was well worth it...When we got Carr that made us the only Team in the NFL to have 2 number 1 pick QB's that were busts on the same roster. Having braggin righths like that was PRICELESS.

you're funny. keep the jokes coming.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Aside able to secure a player like Blount by drafting him instead of gambling by signing him as a free agent, we can also use a couple of our 7th to make a trade in the 4th round or even 5th round to land a player who i call Diamonds in the Rough, or Damaged Goods..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Aside able to secure a player like Blount by drafting him instead of gambling by signing him as a free agent, we can also use a couple of our 7th to make a trade in the 4th round or even 5th round to land a player who i call Diamonds in the Rough, or Damaged Goods..

Not the comp picks though. They can't be traded
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we should trade our 7th, 7th, 6th, 5th, and 2 4ths to move back into the first round!

It wont take that much to move back into the bottom of the 1st:

Quote:
So what would it take to move up, say, 13 spots (to the final pick of the first round)? According to this ESPN trade calculator, San Francisco’s second-rounder (No. 45) and its two fourth-round picks (Nos. 108 and 115) sounds about right.

Link
trading Shaun Hill for a 7th rd pick was one of the dumbest trades we have done in a long time.

coupled with signing David Carr to a 2 year contract for more than the league minimum.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
trading Shaun Hill for a 7th rd pick was one of the dumbest trades we have done in a long time.

coupled with signing David Carr to a 2 year contract for more than the league minimum.

A McClueless move of brilliance.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Quote:
So what would it take to move up, say, 13 spots (to the final pick of the first round)? According to this ESPN trade calculator, San Francisco’s second-rounder (No. 45) and its two fourth-round picks (Nos. 108 and 115) sounds about right.

Link

I think the second round pick is more valuable than two seventh, a sixth, and fifth round pick.
Expect the niners to use one of them on the WR/TE from Penn State if he isn't drafted yet.

Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by endcapitalism:
Signing Carr cost the 9ers a 6th round draft pick. "The Giants got two slots in the sixth round after losing quarterback David Carr and defensive tackle Fred Robbins."

greedy bast@rds at NFLcom

Siging Carr was well worth it...When we got Carr that made us the only Team in the NFL to have 2 number 1 pick QB's that were busts on the same roster. Having braggin righths like that was PRICELESS.

That was funny
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Quote:

Link

I think the second round pick is more valuable than two seventh, a sixth, and fifth round pick.

Oh, my bad. I misread his comment and I thought he included the second round pick at the end there. I posted that because I didnt think it would take that much to get back into the 1st.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did, by the way. I see Harbaugh and Baalke being aggressive and targeting whoever Harbaugh likes. Even if it means coming back into the end of the 1st.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

A McClueless move of brilliance.

Unbelievable...Hill could have been our stop gap QB! Now we got to invest in a free agent QB, give up a pick(s) for one, or stick with Alex.

WTF?!!
7th rounders almost NEVER pan out, so its sounds nice to get more picks, but theyll be guess picks. there isnt a whole ton of difference between the 7th rounders and the guy who go undrafted, and then get signed after.
Use one of them on Bruce Miller please. Maybe the other on a kicker like Kai Forbath or something.
Share 49ersWebzone