LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Who is our starting qb next season and how do we get him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is our starting qb next season and how do we get him?

Originally posted by prime21:
McNabb>Hasslebeck

not at all, Hasselbeck is smarter and more accurate right now....plus he had a pretty impressive playoff win last year while Mcnabb looked like a complete turd with a QB guru as his coach.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
McNabb>Hasslebeck

not at all, Hasselbeck is smarter and more accurate right now....plus he had a pretty impressive playoff win last year while Mcnabb looked like a complete turd with a QB guru as his coach.

I agree, I'd much rather have Hasselbeck than McNabb
for the folks that want Pennington

mortreport

Chad Pennington can't catch a break, needs ACL surgery after injury in pick-up basketball game.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
McNabb>Hasslebeck

I think it's a coin flip between Mcnabb and Hassel...Mcnabb has been more successful but hasn't looked good lately. I would rather have him help mentor a younger QB though. Hassel did good last year but seems more injury prone??? A benefit to him is that he would be away from the Seatlle and they would be trying out rookies or Whitehurst? and he could give us the info on playing Seattle twice a year. It's just hard to picture us rooting for him because I've never thought he was that great and he's a rival.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
David Carr
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
McNabb>Hasslebeck

I think it's a coin flip between Mcnabb and Hassel...Mcnabb has been more successful but hasn't looked good lately. I would rather have him help mentor a younger QB though. Hassel did good last year but seems more injury prone??? A benefit to him is that he would be away from the Seatlle and they would be trying out rookies or Whitehurst? and he could give us the info on playing Seattle twice a year. It's just hard to picture us rooting for him because I've never thought he was that great and he's a rival.

Why would Mcnabb be a good mentor? He struggles to pick up Offenses, he comes in fat, he's constantly joking around like a giant douche and he's horribly inaccurate. Hassel not playing for Seattle isn't much of anything either, Alex absolutely waxed him once Jimmy Raye was gone.

[ Edited by binary2nd on Mar 31, 2011 at 12:29:50 ]
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
McNabb>Hasslebeck

Why would Mcnabb be a good mentor? He struggles to pick up Offenses, he comes in fat, he's constantly joking around like a giant douche and he's horribly inaccurate. Hassel not playing for Seattle isn't much of anything either, Alex absolutely waxed him once Jimmy Raye was gone.

Wow you are hard to please... How does he struggle to pick up offenses? I'm not a Mcnabb expert but I recall him flourishing in Philly and struggling this last year in Washington. He looked a little healthy last season I will give you that. The joking around i actually like because at least he can let loose instead "playing scared and being uptight." I don't agree with being inaccurate at all but maybe you can post some numbers because I already listed his resume of NFC championship runs and going to the superbowl. As for Hassel, it's always hard to play in Seattle and they are a division opponent. Having insight from their QB would be great and yes I would rather him not be on the their team if it means they have to take a shot at a rookie and rebuild. They did win the division last year so taking away the QB that got them there would be a plus. I still don't want him on our team but it would benefit us...
Andrew Luck.
We kidnap him. Lure him in with some cookies.

-9fA
Originally posted by valrod33:
for the folks that want Pennington

mortreport

Chad Pennington can't catch a break, needs ACL surgery after injury in pick-up basketball game.

This dude has had a lot of injuries. I almost feel bad for him because if he hadn't had all those injuries and was on a good team I think he could have been pretty good.
Share 49ersWebzone