There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh channels Walsh

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Harbaugh apologists and 49er apologists, like the guy who did color on the TV broadcast, tell us the 49ers had only 12 practices or something like that, so requiring competence of them is unfair and gee whiz just plain un-American.

What terrible writing.

Go away, Cohn.

Yup, as if there's a need to apologize for Harbaugh . . .

or to apologize for the 49ers, as if they are a dictator or corrupt politician. They're a god damned football team. You're either a fan or you're not.

also, is it so hard to look up the name of the guy who did the commentary on TV? Or to just f**king remember it from two days ago? Or to look up, or remember, how many practices there have been?

and un-American. Good lord.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
So, Harbaugh has said all along that he would not hand any job to a player, they had to earn it. Now he says that he will not hand any job to a player, they had to earn it...but this is news? Now there is a controversy?

Sadly conceived article as he accused Harbaugh of thinking he could just show up and win in the NFL. I have seen nothing that indicates Harbaugh is delusional. Team played poorly on offense after twelve days of practice. CK played the first week of practice as the #1 QB and Smith had a week. CK played like a rookie and Smith played like Brees, poorly...what do we take from that? Nothing.

The comparison with Walsh was odd. Walsh used the preseason to perfect timing and basic play. He never tipped his hand even when other coaches tried to show him up in preseason. So Harbaugh seems to be doing exactly the same.

He was delusional when he retained Solari to make the O-Line better...otherwise, give him a break.
Nothing much to say. I think he hit it on the head.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
He was delusional when he retained Solari to make the O-Line better...otherwise, give him a break.

So, Harbaugh has said all along that he would not hand any job to a player, they had to earn it. Now he says that he will not hand any job to a player, they had to earn it...but this is news? Now there is a controversy?

Sadly conceived article as he accused Harbaugh of thinking he could just show up and win in the NFL. I have seen nothing that indicates Harbaugh is delusional. Team played poorly on offense after twelve days of practice. CK played the first week of practice as the #1 QB and Smith had a week. CK played like a rookie and Smith played like Brees, poorly...what do we take from that? Nothing.

The comparison with Walsh was odd. Walsh used the preseason to perfect timing and basic play. He never tipped his hand even when other coaches tried to show him up in preseason. So Harbaugh seems to be doing exactly the same.

Harbaugh held over three coaches from the previous staff, Tomsula, Rathman and Solari . . . and for good reason. They're top notch respected coaches. I think it's way too early to s**t on Solari for what happened Friday.

BTW, we have two O-Line coaches, Solari and Tim Drevno who was the o-line coach at Stanford the last two seasons.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 14, 2011 at 9:12 AM ]

Solari is recognized around the league as one of the top OL coaches. Some fans fail to realize what a disatvantage the OL was working at the last two years when Sing basically told the world, "We're running up the middle, and we'll pass on third and long." OL play is complex, intricate, and it takes a while to get comfortable as an individual in a new cheme, with new terminology, new responsibilities, and new line calls. After that, they have to get comfortable as a unit. It takes time, more than 12 practices.
Cohn is a Bill Walsh name dropper that is irrelevant unless his column topics stir up controversy so he continues to attack coaching as if he has sat in on a team position meeting or has inside knowledge of game schematics. Cohn’s insight is based on his twisted version of the obvious and oozes with a whining old man’s attempt at attracting readers. When is the last time he reported inside information or breaking news from the 49ers? A very, very long time ago because he does not have the trust of coaches, players or the team administration he covers. Worthless column.
I love Lowell and his ability to rile up the 49erwebzone masses.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Your name already indicates that you might like to start some isht.
Right on point... A little dramatic for the first preseason game though.
Agree with the article. Not worried, will be worried if that problem isn't improved upon in the next game.
ow, I finally agreed with him
I feel like this article would have been more appropriate if this was the first regular season game.

As many have said...pre season is useless to get worked up over. This same time last year we beat the Colts 37-17 in pre season. David Carr looked solid. Lol.

Damon Bruce said it best post game...that our fans are just way to quick to either a)anoint people or b) harshly judge someone.
Originally posted by Huego:
it was a very singletary-like move for harbaugh to start a qb controversy with those comments

i dont think it is a QB controversy, just a QB competition. Alex did nothing last year to earn the job, so he is competing with Kaep thats all. harbaugh still gives him the edge, maybe this just pushes Alex a little.

im not to upset with the offense. they have only had like 10-15 practices with their coaches, just give them time. we can complain once the season starts
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I feel like this article would have been more appropriate if this was the first regular season game.

As many have said...pre season is useless to get worked up over. This same time last year we beat the Colts 37-17 in pre season. David Carr looked solid. Lol.

Damon Bruce said it best post game...that our fans are just way to quick to either a)anoint people or b) harshly judge someone.

exactly. this is one of the reasons Cohn is one of the worst sports writers out there. He is as irrational as a noobish fan. He's like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Yah he's good