LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Postion Battles: WR and TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online

im digging this new addition especially for the cost...best group of skill players in the west.

Braylon Edwards as flanker, Crabtree as split end (Morgan backing up), with either RoJo, Jurovich or Williams in the slot.

Or in a two TE set..

Edwards, Crabtree, Davis and Walker with Gore in the backfield...that's basically a 4WR set in a base package haha.

[ Edited by 12b6demurrer on Aug 4, 2011 at 17:02:09 ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:

im digging this new addition especially for the cost...best group of skill players in the west.
Quite possibly the most explosive offense in the n f c west as well

I think that we have the most talented group of tight Ends and wide receivers in the n f c west.
Also the most explosive offense in the nfc west as well . do you guys agree?
Originally posted by QBguru:

I think that we have the most talented group of tight Ends and wide receivers in the n f c west.

We'll see...you never know who's going to turn up, but on paper, we look better across the board. We have two talented receivers, whereas the Cardinals and Seahawks only have one. Only the Seahawks can match our TE corps, but VD is better than either Miller or Carlson.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by QBguru:

We'll see...you never know who's going to turn up, but on paper, we look better across the board. We have two talented receivers, whereas the Cardinals and Seahawks only have one. Only the Seahawks can match our TE corps, but VD is better than either Miller or Carlson.

Add frank gore in there and we have the best running back in the west. Rams have Jackson but I believe gore is better. Cards have Beanie. Haha lol. Seattle has Lynch. He can't even hold gore's Jock strap.
With the signing of Braylon Edwards, the Wide Receiver position is suddenly crowded.

This is what 49ers.com has for our current roster
6 Beiler, Tyler WR 6-0 190 22 R Bridgewater
9 Bogan, Dontavia WR 6-1 188 22 R South Florida
81 Edwards, Braylon WR 6-3 214 28 7 Michigan
19 Ginn Jr., Ted WR 5-11 180 26 5 Ohio State
13 Hastings, Joe WR 6-0 185 24 R Washburn
5 Hogan, Chris WR 6-1 220 22 R Monmouth
88 Johnson, Ronald WR 5-11 199 23 R USC
14 Jurovich, Kevin WR 6-0 190 25 1 San Jose State
18 Long, Lance WR 5-11 186 26 2 Mississippi State
84 Morgan, Josh WR 6-0 219 26 4 Virginia Tech
10 Williams, Kyle WR 5-11 186 23 2 Arizona State
15 Crabtree, Michael WR 6-1 214 23 3 Texas Tech
17 Zeigler, Dominique WR 6-3 185 26 3 Baylor

Question 1: Are there any new rules regarding the final rosters? To my knowledge, it's a 45 active player + 1 emergency QB, and then a 53 man oster.

Question 2: With that said, any predictions what 4-6 we go with?

I have no idea how many WRs we keep on roster. I'm going to guess that we have 6 at the most, but realistically only 5. We're probably going to stock up on offensive linemen, and guys who can be a tight end/fullback.

I think it'll be something like this:

1.) Braylon Edwards
2.) Michael Crabtree (when he gets off the PuP list)
3.) Josh Morgan
4.) Ted Ginn
5.) Ronald Johnson / Kyle Williams / Kevin Jurovich
6.) Ronald Johnson / Kyle Williams / Kevin Jurovich

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronald Johnson fight Ted Ginn for his spot though.
If I'm not mistaken, the #46 player does not have to be a QB.
My guess...
1.) Braylon Edwards
2.) Michael Crabtree
3.) Josh Morgan
4.) Ronald Johnson
5.) Ted Ginn
6.) Kyle Williams/Kevin Jurovich

#6 guy could go to the PS. Can a guy go to the PS after spending the entire season on the roster last year? Too bad for Bogan... he might have been one of the 2-3 WRs to make the PS if he hadn't got hurt.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
My guess...
1.) Braylon Edwards
2.) Michael Crabtree
3.) Josh Morgan
4.) Ronald Johnson
5.) Ted Ginn

#6 guy could go to the PS. Can a guy go to the PS after spending the entire season on the roster last year? Too bad for Bogan... he might have been one of the 2-3 WRs to make the PS if he hadn't got hurt.

Jurovich might have PS eligibility, not sure though.
My guess...
1.) Braylon Edwards
2.) Michael Crabtree
3.) Josh Morgan
4.) Ronald Johnson
5.) Ted Ginn

Jurovich wasn't on the roster long last year, Williams was the whole year. Jurovich might have the edge because he spent a lot of time practicing with Alex over the off-season. Kind of wondering if both are eligible. Don't see both making the roster so if they aren't PS eligible they would be gone. Side note, with Zeigler getting hurt again he is gone and 99% sure he isn't PS eligible.

i really wanna keep morgan, ziggy, rojo, williams and bogan...even wit him out all season dont give him away, hopefully we can keep him (i see TO in him)
My guess...
1.) Braylon Edwards
2.) Michael Crabtree
3.) Josh Morgan
4.) Ronald Johnson
5.) Ted Ginn

Jurovich wasn't on the roster long last year, Williams was the whole year. Jurovich might have the edge because he spent a lot of time practicing with Alex over the off-season. Kind of wondering if both are eligible. Don't see both making the roster so if they aren't PS eligible they would be gone. Side note, with Zeigler getting hurt again he is gone and 99% sure he isn't PS eligible.

no way ginn, jurovich or williams over ziggy
Now lets see if the wr coach and Harbaugh can get them all working in harmony with each other and maybe some productivity on the field. Ballke has done his part and got the players and now Harbaugh has to do his part.
Originally posted by NINERVILLE405:
[

He's been hanging by a thread for like 4 years now and him being out the entire pre-season he will have no chance to impress the new coaching staff. Probably time for new blood.
Originally posted by NINERVILLE405:
[

He's been hanging by a thread for like 4 years now and him being out the entire pre-season he will have no chance to impress the new coaching staff. Probably time for new blood.

i like him a lot fast great route running skills and great hands perfect WCO WR
Share 49ersWebzone