There are 182 users in the forums

Postion Battles: WR and TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Crabtree
Ginn
Captain Morgan
The Zeig' / other

I think we're solid in the WR especially when we have Gore, V.Davis and D.Walker
as potential targets..

Same here. I think the WR corps alone is pretty average at best. But with the Help of those other 3 you mentioned, we have an offense that can potentially be very explosive. Look for Walker and Morgan to be big parts of the offense this year. The key this year will be yards after catch. Walker and Morgan excel in that stat, and so could rookie Ronald Johnson.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Crabtree
Ginn
Captain Morgan
The Zeig' / other

I think we're solid in the WR especially when we have Gore, V.Davis and D.Walker
as potential targets..

Same here. I think the WR corps alone is pretty average at best. But with the Help of those other 3 you mentioned, we have an offense that can potentially be very explosive. Look for Walker and Morgan to be big parts of the offense this year. The key this year will be yards after catch. Walker and Morgan excel in that stat, and so could rookie Ronald Johnson.

walker is going to be playing more of a wr role this year, finally! thank god we have competent coaches now. anquon boldin 2.0 is what i see with walker, only faster.

[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Aug 1, 2011 at 13:10:49 ]
What about the dude out of USC who sleeps with his ball?.....anybody thinks he's gonna be a star?
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
What about the dude out of USC who sleeps with his ball?.....anybody thinks he's gonna be a star?

gonna be hard to judge rookies all year long, theyre going to be so much more disadvantaged than vets by the lockout
Really tough break for Bogan tearing his ACL. He had a shot to get one of the last receiver spots. Williams and Jurovich have a much better shot now.
Originally posted by superman49er:

gonna be hard to judge rookies all year long, theyre going to be so much more disadvantaged than vets by the lockout

But say he slips into the slot position......does you think he's gonna be a playmaker....

But say he slips into the slot position......does you think he's gonna be a playmaker....

Yes. I do. I've seen his highlights from college and he is very good at the YAC. Solid hands and hard worker.

Yes. I do. I've seen his highlights from college and he is very good at the YAC. Solid hands and hard worker.

Thats what Im saying.....dude looks like a prototypical WR for the WCO.......Im just saying watch for this guy....he's gonna turns some heads.....
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Those stats are interesting. If you disperse the attempts that went to Ginn and Crabtree to the other receivers, Alex would have a top five passer rating of about +/- 97.4. Ah but would've could've should've. Hmm maybe Jim did the old misery trick on Crabtree.

Thats what Im saying.....dude looks like a prototypical WR for the WCO.......Im just saying watch for this guy....he's gonna turns some heads.....

Ronald Johnson reminds me a great deal of James Jones, they have very similar skill sets as well as weaknesses. Ability to get open deep down field but at times will drop wide open passes due to a lack of concentration.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Here is what is left:

Roy Williams
Mike Sims-Walker
Braylon Edwards
Steve Smith [NYG]
James Jones
Malcolm Floyd
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Derrick Mason
Mark Clayton
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Laurent Robinson
Courtney Roby
Michael Spurlock

How is Spurlock still available? Think Jim will bring him in to run the Wildcat?
Secret Weapon
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Here is what is left:

Roy Williams
Mike Sims-Walker
Braylon Edwards
Steve Smith [NYG]
James Jones
Malcolm Floyd
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Derrick Mason
Mark Clayton
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Laurent Robinson
Courtney Roby
Michael Spurlock

How is Spurlock still available? Think Jim will bring him in to run the Wildcat?
Secret Weapon

for that purpose, id rather have braylon edwards
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Ronald Johnson reminds me a great deal of James Jones, they have very similar skill sets as well as weaknesses. Ability to get open deep down field but at times will drop wide open passes due to a lack of concentration.

rOJO IS going to be awesome.
I hope Harbaugh can make this happen again (and again and again):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Is sleeping with a football good or bad for the concentration......lol......yea but if this guy turns out to be a steal...I think.....I think......yea I just might cream my pants......
Share 49ersWebzone